Re: How to get the version about the libc.so.1 or libc library - SCO

This is a discussion on Re: How to get the version about the libc.so.1 or libc library - SCO ; "David Huang" wrote in message news: ... > Because the libc.so.1 is just one file and not link to the file with the > major or minor version like linux. > > Is there a command to get the libc ...

  1. Re: How to get the version about the libc.so.1 or libc library

    "David Huang" wrote in message news:<4sD_a.2239$bM4.1789@news.cpqcorp.net>...
    > Because the libc.so.1 is just one file and not link to the file with the
    > major or minor version like linux.
    >
    > Is there a command to get the libc library ??
    >
    > I am on the Unixware 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 .
    >
    > These two versions are differnt in the libc library and it causes much
    > difficult.

    You can use the "pkginfo" command to find out the libc version,
    but it's a bit complicated.

    "pkginfo -l libc" will show the version if it's recent (version
    8.0.0 or greater).

    "pkginfo -l libcfs" will show the version if it's a bit older
    than that (version 7.1.1b).

    Both commands will come up empty if libc is even older than these
    (version 7.1.1 or earlier).

    What kind of difficulties are the different libc versions
    causing you?

    Jonathan Schilling

  2. Re: How to get the version about the libc.so.1 or libc library

    In Unixware 7.1.1 libc, It has the function bzero() . And in unixware 7.1.3
    libc, it has not.

    So if i updatet the network drivers and nics (Netdriver Infrastructure and
    Configuration Subsystem) on the Unixware 7.1.1,
    I get the error that said there is no symbol bzero.
    So the system crashed.

    Also there are much symbols in 7.1.3 libc and not in the 7.1.1.

    "J. L. Schilling" wrote in message
    news:ff3c0649.0308190857.4a260d1d@posting.google.c om...
    > "David Huang" wrote in message

    > > Because the libc.so.1 is just one file and not link to the file with the
    > > major or minor version like linux.
    > >
    > > Is there a command to get the libc library ??
    > >
    > > I am on the Unixware 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 .
    > >
    > > These two versions are differnt in the libc library and it causes much
    > > difficult.

    > You can use the "pkginfo" command to find out the libc version,
    > but it's a bit complicated.
    >
    > "pkginfo -l libc" will show the version if it's recent (version
    > 8.0.0 or greater).
    >
    > "pkginfo -l libcfs" will show the version if it's a bit older
    > than that (version 7.1.1b).
    >
    > Both commands will come up empty if libc is even older than these
    > (version 7.1.1 or earlier).
    >
    > What kind of difficulties are the different libc versions
    > causing you?
    >
    > Jonathan Schilling

  3. Re: How to get the version about the libc.so.1 or libc library

    "David Huang" wrote in message news:...
    > In Unixware 7.1.1 libc, It has the function bzero() . And in unixware 7.1.3
    > libc, it has not.

    It's the other way around: bzero() is in UW 7.1.3 libc.so.1 but not in
    some older UW7 libc.so.1's.

    > So if i updatet the network drivers and nics (Netdriver Infrastructure and
    > Configuration Subsystem) on the Unixware 7.1.1,
    > I get the error that said there is no symbol bzero.

    You should install the "UnixWare 7.1.3 (UDK) Runtime Libraries" on your
    UW 7.1.1 system if this is the case. You can download these for free
    from http://www.sco.com/download/.

    > Also there are much symbols in 7.1.3 libc and not in the 7.1.1.

    That's true. If you are developing an application on UW 7.1.3 and
    you want it to run on UW 7.1.1, you have two options: upgrade the
    7.1.1 runtime libraries to the 7.1.3 level (as just mentioned), or
    compile your applications with the -lcudk70 option. This will prevent
    the app from assuming that the moved functions are in the dynamic
    part of libc.

    Jonathan Schilling

+ Reply to Thread