gcc on 5.0.7 - SCO

This is a discussion on gcc on 5.0.7 - SCO ; Ever since installing Openserver 5.0.7, I am unable to use gcc 3.2.1. It returns an Undefined symbol _fini error for any compilation attempt. I tried installing the Gnu Development Tools from the OS installation CD and that gcc works so ...

  1. gcc on 5.0.7

    Ever since installing Openserver 5.0.7, I am unable to use gcc 3.2.1.
    It returns an Undefined symbol _fini error for any compilation
    attempt.

    I tried installing the Gnu Development Tools from the OS installation
    CD and that gcc works so far as I've tested, but it's unable to
    build/bootstrap gcc 3.3 and fails at some point with the _fini error.

    Using the SCO provided cc to build gcc, make fails with an "undefined
    symbol: DEFAULT_PCC_STRUCT_RETURN" error in i386.c for 3.2.2, and
    configure fails with an "cannot determine size for long long" error
    for gcc 3.3.

    I've watched the c.u.s.* and gcc newsgroups and checked the gcc web
    site but have not found any answers or significant discussion. Am I
    missing something?

  2. Re: gcc on 5.0.7

    Roger Cornelius typed (on Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:38:15PM -0700):
    | Ever since installing Openserver 5.0.7, I am unable to use gcc 3.2.1.
    | It returns an Undefined symbol _fini error for any compilation
    | attempt.
    |
    | I tried installing the Gnu Development Tools from the OS installation
    | CD and that gcc works so far as I've tested, but it's unable to
    | build/bootstrap gcc 3.3 and fails at some point with the _fini error.
    |
    | Using the SCO provided cc to build gcc, make fails with an "undefined
    | symbol: DEFAULT_PCC_STRUCT_RETURN" error in i386.c for 3.2.2, and
    | configure fails with an "cannot determine size for long long" error
    | for gcc 3.3.
    |
    | I've watched the c.u.s.* and gcc newsgroups and checked the gcc web
    | site but have not found any answers or significant discussion. Am I
    | missing something?

    I've asked Kean Johnston to send you more details on this; in
    the meantime, consult the gnutools-5.0.7k/README contained in
    ftp.sco.com/oss/opensource/gnutools-20030612.tar.bz2.

    --
    JP

  3. Re: gcc on 5.0.7

    Jean-Pierre Radley wrote in message news:<20030714222116.GE2663@jpradley.jpr.com>...
    > Roger Cornelius typed (on Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:38:15PM -0700):
    > | Ever since installing Openserver 5.0.7, I am unable to use gcc 3.2.1.
    > | It returns an Undefined symbol _fini error for any compilation
    > | attempt.
    > |
    > | I tried installing the Gnu Development Tools from the OS installation
    > | CD and that gcc works so far as I've tested, but it's unable to
    > | build/bootstrap gcc 3.3 and fails at some point with the _fini error.
    > |
    > | Using the SCO provided cc to build gcc, make fails with an "undefined
    > | symbol: DEFAULT_PCC_STRUCT_RETURN" error in i386.c for 3.2.2, and
    > | configure fails with an "cannot determine size for long long" error
    > | for gcc 3.3.
    > |
    > | I've watched the c.u.s.* and gcc newsgroups and checked the gcc web
    > | site but have not found any answers or significant discussion. Am I
    > | missing something?
    >
    > I've asked Kean Johnston to send you more details on this; in
    > the meantime, consult the gnutools-5.0.7k/README contained in
    > ftp.sco.com/oss/opensource/gnutools-20030612.tar.bz2.

    That path didn't work for me but this one did:
    ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/opensrc/gnutools-20030612.tar.bz2

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread