I am attempting to programmatically FTP files to an from my server
using the libftp libraries in C. Referring to the ftp_api(SLIB)
sample code found at:

http://docsrv.caldera.com:8507/en/ma..._api.SLIB.html.

I am able to connect to the client's FTP server, however when I
attempt to set the user using ftp_user( &ftpinfo, "user" ) , I get an
error "Connection reset by peer3". A careful 'snoop' of the clients
packets seems to indicate that even though the socket is open, nothing
is getting sent.

Just for kicks, here is the code I am using:
nRetVal = ftp_prconnect ( &ftpinfo, hostAddress );
fprintf(stderr, "nRetVal: %d - %s\n", nRetVal, ftpinfo.ftp_msg);

nRetVal = ftp_user ( &ftpinfo, "user" ); //<----ERROR HERE
fprintf(stderr, "nRetVal: %d - %s\n", nRetVal, ftpinfo.ftp_msg);

nRetVal = ftp_passwd ( &ftpinfo, "pass" );
fprintf(stderr, "nRetVal: %d - %s\n", nRetVal, ftpinfo.ftp_msg);

nRetVal = ftp_putfile ( &ftpinfo, fileName, fileName );
fprintf(stderr, "nRetVal: %d - %s\n", nRetVal, ftpinfo.ftp_msg);

Note that I can FTP to the very same machine on the command line with
no troubles. Thanks in advance for any help.

--Thummp