ipsec - SCO

This is a discussion on ipsec - SCO ; Any such animal as an ipsec client for osr5? All I could google up was an old powerpoint document that describes KAME on osr6 and uw7. (I know I can provide the vpn endpoint in hardware, and probably will for ...

  1. ipsec

    Any such animal as an ipsec client for osr5?
    All I could google up was an old powerpoint document that describes KAME on
    osr6 and uw7.

    (I know I can provide the vpn endpoint in hardware, and probably will for
    the site that generated this question, but I'm still curious if it's actully
    not possible or merely not common or not provided prepackaged by sco)

  2. Re: ipsec

    On Mon, Oct 01, 2007, Brian K. White wrote:
    >Any such animal as an ipsec client for osr5?
    >All I could google up was an old powerpoint document that describes KAME on
    >osr6 and uw7.
    >
    >(I know I can provide the vpn endpoint in hardware, and probably will for
    >the site that generated this question, but I'm still curious if it's actully
    >not possible or merely not common or not provided prepackaged by sco)

    You might want to look at openvpn although I don't know how one
    would get the tun and/or tap interfaces working on OpenServer (it
    probably wouldn't be any more difficult than getting kernel
    support for IPSec :-).

    Getting something like the LinkSys BEFVP41 router is probably the
    best bet as (a) they're cheap, and (b) they're easy to install.
    The only downsides are (a) they seem to have a limited life span,
    and (b) IPSec is difficult to work behind other NAT firewalls.

    Bill

    The day-to-day travails of the IBM programmer are so amusing to most of
    us who are fortunate enough never to have been one -- like watching
    Charlie Chaplin trying to cook a shoe.

  3. Re: ipsec

    I tried to compile OpenVPN on SCO6 with no results. It depends too much
    on the libraries from the linux distribution.
    But if someone get it worked, I'm available.

    Regards,
    John

    Bill Campbell wrote:
    > On Mon, Oct 01, 2007, Brian K. White wrote:
    >> Any such animal as an ipsec client for osr5?
    >> All I could google up was an old powerpoint document that describes KAME on
    >> osr6 and uw7.
    >>
    >> (I know I can provide the vpn endpoint in hardware, and probably will for
    >> the site that generated this question, but I'm still curious if it's actully
    >> not possible or merely not common or not provided prepackaged by sco)

    > You might want to look at openvpn although I don't know how one
    > would get the tun and/or tap interfaces working on OpenServer (it
    > probably wouldn't be any more difficult than getting kernel
    > support for IPSec :-).
    >
    > Getting something like the LinkSys BEFVP41 router is probably the
    > best bet as (a) they're cheap, and (b) they're easy to install.
    > The only downsides are (a) they seem to have a limited life span,
    > and (b) IPSec is difficult to work behind other NAT firewalls.
    >
    > Bill
    > --
    > INTERNET: bill@celestial.com Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
    > FAX: (206) 232-9186 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676
    >
    > The day-to-day travails of the IBM programmer are so amusing to most of
    > us who are fortunate enough never to have been one -- like watching
    > Charlie Chaplin trying to cook a shoe.

+ Reply to Thread