Need driver for DPT PM2124 SCSI controller - SCO

This is a discussion on Need driver for DPT PM2124 SCSI controller - SCO ; We're trying to boot a crashed SCO 3.2v4.2 system from install floppies, but lack the driver for our DPT PM2124 SCSI controller card (for a RAID 0 array with 2 mirrored 2GB drives extended by 2 mirrored 9GB drives). When ...

  1. Need driver for DPT PM2124 SCSI controller

    We're trying to boot a crashed SCO 3.2v4.2 system from install
    floppies, but lack the driver for our DPT PM2124 SCSI controller card
    (for a RAID 0 array with 2 mirrored 2GB drives extended by 2 mirrored
    9GB drives).

    When we download the driver from the Adaptec website, along with a
    folder of drivers comes a separate file labeled DPT_DISK.4. After
    writing the driver for 3.2v4.2 and the DPT_DISK.4 onto a floppy using
    RAWRITE and inserting the floppy when prompted by the install process,
    it returns the error message "Sorry, that volume does not contain the
    DPTR4 package." When we click on the icon that we downloaded to begin
    with, that file seems to be empty (looked at on WinXP), whereas the
    driver files themselves contain the usual sanskrit.

    Adaptec telephone support could not give any assistance as this is old
    stuff. Can anyone shed light on how to get a working driver for this
    controller? Does anyone have the complete driver they could upload
    somewhere as a 1.4MB disk image so that we could then download using
    RAWRITE?

    TIA,
    Chris

  2. Re: Need driver for DPT PM2124 SCSI controller

    > We're trying to boot a crashed SCO 3.2v4.2 system from install
    > floppies, but lack the driver for our DPT PM2124 SCSI controller card
    > (for a RAID 0 array with 2 mirrored 2GB drives extended by 2 mirrored
    > 9GB drives).
    >
    > When we download the driver from the Adaptec website, along with a
    > folder of drivers comes a separate file labeled DPT_DISK.4. After
    > writing the driver for 3.2v4.2 and the DPT_DISK.4 onto a floppy using
    > RAWRITE and inserting the floppy when prompted by the install process,
    > it returns the error message "Sorry, that volume does not contain the
    > DPTR4 package." When we click on the icon that we downloaded to begin
    > with, that file seems to be empty (looked at on WinXP), whereas the
    > driver files themselves contain the usual sanskrit.
    >
    > Adaptec telephone support could not give any assistance as this is old
    > stuff. Can anyone shed light on how to get a working driver for this
    > controller? Does anyone have the complete driver they could upload
    > somewhere as a 1.4MB disk image so that we could then download using
    > RAWRITE?

    The download from the Adaptec site is not very helpful.
    The DPT_DISK.4 file is just a label thats why it's 0 bytes.

    There are no install directions in the zi, nor on, nor linked from, the
    download page:
    http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/downloa...24W&dn=PM2124W
    or
    http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/r...sk631c_zip.htm
    Nor on the "DPT SCO Driver" documentation page:
    http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support...sco_driver.htm

    The .CDD file SCO3242.CDD is some meaningless proprietary format that
    presumably some DPT utility knows how to unpack. Not only does "file" not
    have a clue, but visual inspection further shows that it's definitely not
    any standard type of file as it begins right off with "dPtSiG"
    So it can't be a zip or a .Z or a .gz or a tar or cpio or a floppy image (at
    least, not a floppy image that custom knows how to read, nor any filesystem
    image that OSR5.0.7 or Suse Linux 10.2 knows)
    "dPtSiG^A^@^\^F^@^@^@^B^@^@a^@ ^L^@^@^@^@^BB0^H^_^ODPT COMPRESSED DRIVER
    FOR SCO..."

    So you are not at fault, there is really nothing to go on anywhere hat gives
    any clue what the heck you are supposed to do with this .CDD file.

    However..

    This file might hold a working driver, though possibly a newer one exists
    somewhere else.

    ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/AHS/3.0/sco/3.4/135/btld.Z

    read the install directions here:

    ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/AHS/3.0/sco/3.4/135/btlddoc.Z

    paying attention to the "dptr" driver of course.

    Good luck.

  3. Re: Need driver for DPT PM2124 SCSI controller

    "Brian K. White" wrote in message

> [...]

    IIRC, the DPT driver package consisted of a floppy image of the BTLD driver
    package,
    plus another floppy which contained the RAID software monitoring package,
    which
    had it's own installation routine. This is probably what the CDD image is.

    Bob

+ Reply to Thread