help OSR 507 mkuser.init may be compromised - SCO

This is a discussion on help OSR 507 mkuser.init may be compromised - SCO ; I can't create users anymore on OSR 507, here's the error message I'm getting : Unable to create home directory for user: mxgrace You must create a home directory before the user can log in Unable to create home directory ...

  1. help OSR 507 mkuser.init may be compromised

    I can't create users anymore on OSR 507, here's the error message I'm
    getting :

    Unable to create home directory for user: mxgrace
    You must create a home directory before the user can log in
    Unable to create home directory
    General failure occurred in processing the request.
    useshell: /usr: File Control database inconsistency
    useshell: Script path /usr/lib/mkuser/ksh/mkuser.init may be compromised -
    run i
    ntegrity(ADM).

    Any ideas on how to fix it ?

    Thanks

    Enrique A

  2. Re: help OSR 507 mkuser.init may be compromised

    In article ,
    Enrique Arredondo wrote:
    >I can't create users anymore on OSR 507, here's the error message I'm
    >getting :
    >

    >Unable to create home directory for user: mxgrace
    >You must create a home directory before the user can log in
    >Unable to create home directory
    >General failure occurred in processing the request.
    >useshell: /usr: File Control database inconsistency
    >useshell: Script path /usr/lib/mkuser/ksh/mkuser.init may be compromised -
    >run i
    >ntegrity(ADM).
    >

    >Any ideas on how to fix it ?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Enrique A

    Did you run integrity as the error message suggests?

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  3. Re: help OSR 507 mkuser.init may be compromised

    "Bill Vermillion" wrote in message news:Jp23B3.DGq@wjv.com...
    > In article ,
    > Enrique Arredondo wrote:
    >>I can't create users anymore on OSR 507, here's the error message I'm
    >>getting :
    >>

    >>Unable to create home directory for user: mxgrace
    >>You must create a home directory before the user can log in
    >>Unable to create home directory
    >>General failure occurred in processing the request.
    >>useshell: /usr: File Control database inconsistency
    >>useshell: Script path /usr/lib/mkuser/ksh/mkuser.init may be compromised -
    >>run i
    >>ntegrity(ADM).
    >>

    >>Any ideas on how to fix it ?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Enrique A

    > Did you run integrity as the error message suggests?
    >
    > Bill
    >
    > --
    > Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    now I did :P, then it suggested to do a fixmog and then the fixmog did the
    trick

    Thanks so much

    :-)

+ Reply to Thread