3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users - SCO

This is a discussion on 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users - SCO ; 3.2 v4.2 system been running non-stop for 11 years, but they are wanting to increase the number of users. They have a 16 user lic in place. I do have a spare "unlimited" but I can not find out how ...

  1. 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    3.2 v4.2 system been running non-stop for 11 years, but they are wanting
    to increase the number of users.

    They have a 16 user lic in place.

    I do have a spare "unlimited" but I can not find out how to put the
    "unlimited" lic on to the machine. Can anyone point me in the right
    direction.

    ==

    I would like to move them on but the app they have are deigned for 3.2
    v4.2. I did test (many years ago) on 3.2 v5.04 and they worked. Is it
    possible to acquire v5.04 licenses and S/W?

    Don C

  2. Re: 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    On Sep 27, 10:37 am, Donald Campbell wrote:
    > 3.2 v4.2 system been running non-stop for 11 years, but they are wanting
    > to increase the number of users.
    >
    > They have a 16 user lic in place.
    >
    > I do have a spare "unlimited" but I can not find out how to put the
    > "unlimited" lic on to the machine. Can anyone point me in the right
    > direction.
    >
    > ==
    >
    > I would like to move them on but the app they have are deigned for 3.2
    > v4.2. I did test (many years ago) on 3.2 v5.04 and they worked. Is it
    > possible to acquire v5.04 licenses and S/W?
    >
    > Don C

    Don,

    You might want to consider downloading and installing
    SCO OSR6 as an eval, and testing the application.

    http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161

    I think you can also download SCO OSR507
    and install a time-limited eval for testing purposes.

    http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...sr507list.html

    Good luck,
    Dan Martin

  3. Re: 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    In article <1190906065.846517.200130@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups. com>, Dan
    Martin writes
    >On Sep 27, 10:37 am, Donald Campbell wrote:
    >> 3.2 v4.2 system been running non-stop for 11 years, but they are wanting
    >> to increase the number of users.
    >>
    >> They have a 16 user lic in place.
    >>
    >> I do have a spare "unlimited" but I can not find out how to put the
    >> "unlimited" lic on to the machine. Can anyone point me in the right
    >> direction.
    >>
    >> ==
    >>
    >> I would like to move them on but the app they have are deigned for 3.2
    >> v4.2. I did test (many years ago) on 3.2 v5.04 and they worked. Is it
    >> possible to acquire v5.04 licenses and S/W?
    >>
    >> Don C

    >Don,
    >
    >You might want to consider downloading and installing
    >SCO OSR6 as an eval, and testing the application.
    >
    >http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161
    >
    >I think you can also download SCO OSR507
    >and install a time-limited eval for testing purposes.
    >
    >http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...sr507list.html
    >
    >Good luck,
    >Dan Martin

    I have v6 on its way down.

    Any ideas on the increase of the v4.2 licence?

    Don C

  4. Re: 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    On Sep 27, 1:05 pm, Donald Campbell wrote:
    > In article <1190906065.846517.200...@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups. com>, Dan
    > Martin writes
    >

    > >On Sep 27, 10:37 am, Donald Campbell wrote:
    > >> 3.2 v4.2 system been running non-stop for 11 years, but they are wanting
    > >> to increase the number of users.

    > >> They have a 16 user lic in place.

    > >> I do have a spare "unlimited" but I can not find out how to put the
    > >> "unlimited" lic on to the machine. Can anyone point me in the right
    > >> direction.

    > >> ==

    > >> I would like to move them on but the app they have are deigned for 3.2
    > >> v4.2. I did test (many years ago) on 3.2 v5.04 and they worked. Is it
    > >> possible to acquire v5.04 licenses and S/W?

    > >> Don C

    > >Don,

    > >You might want to consider downloading and installing
    > >SCO OSR6 as an eval, and testing the application.

    > >http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161

    > >I think you can also download SCO OSR507
    > >and install a time-limited eval for testing purposes.

    > >http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...sr507list.html

    > >Good luck,
    > >Dan Martin

    > I have v6 on its way down.
    >
    > Any ideas on the increase of the v4.2 licence?
    >
    > Don C- Hide quoted text -

    I have add-on license, how many additional users you are looking to
    add.

    Abid

  5. Re: 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    In article <1190917744.067021.53840@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.co m>,
    akhan@att.net writes
    >On Sep 27, 1:05 pm, Donald Campbell wrote:
    >> In article <1190906065.846517.200...@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups. com>, Dan
    >> Martin writes

    >> >Don,

    >> >You might want to consider downloading and installing
    >> >SCO OSR6 as an eval, and testing the application.

    >> >http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161

    >> >I think you can also download SCO OSR507
    >> >and install a time-limited eval for testing purposes.

    >> >http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...sr507list.html

    >> >Good luck,
    >> >Dan Martin

    >> I have v6 on its way down.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on the increase of the v4.2 licence?
    >>
    >> Don C- Hide quoted text -

    >I have add-on license, how many additional users you are looking to
    >add.
    >
    >Abid

    from 16 to 24 would be a start, otherwise up to 32.

    I do have an unused "unlimited" if I can work out how to put it on.

    Don C

  6. Re: 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    On 27 Sep, 15:37, Donald Campbell wrote:
    > 3.2 v4.2 system been running non-stop for 11 years, but they are wanting
    > to increase the number of users.
    >
    > They have a 16 user lic in place.
    >
    > I do have a spare "unlimited" but I can not find out how to put the
    > "unlimited" lic on to the machine. Can anyone point me in the right
    > direction.
    >
    > ==
    >
    > I would like to move them on but the app they have are deigned for 3.2
    > v4.2. I did test (many years ago) on 3.2 v5.04 and they worked. Is it
    > possible to acquire v5.04 licenses and S/W?

    Don,

    I suspect that the unlimited license you have is a base operating
    system license and not a "User" license.

    To add a user license you put the license floppy in the drive
    and run custom to add the license to your system.

    There is no supported way to remove an existing license from the
    OS and add another. The only supported way get where you want
    to go would be to reinstall the OS with the unlimited license.

    I would recommend that you consider upgrading the customer to
    OpeNServer 6. You can download and install with a 60 day eval
    from:

    http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161

    Regards,

    John

  7. Re: 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    On Sep 27, 3:53 pm, Donald Campbell wrote:
    > In article <1190917744.067021.53...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.co m>,
    > ak...@att.net writes
    >

    > >On Sep 27, 1:05 pm, Donald Campbell wrote:
    > >> In article <1190906065.846517.200...@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups. com>, Dan
    > >> Martin writes

    > >> I have v6 on its way down.

    > >> Any ideas on the increase of the v4.2 licence?

    > >> Don C- Hide quoted text -

    > >I have add-on license, how many additional users you are looking to
    > >add.

    > >Abid

    > from 16 to 24 would be a start, otherwise up to 32.
    >
    > I do have an unused "unlimited" if I can work out how to put it on.
    >
    > Don C- Hide quoted text -

    I have 16 user add-on pak, which can be added (in-place) to a 16 user
    system, making it a 32 user system your unlimited can work but you
    will need to back the system and do a fresh install, contact me at
    akhan@att.net if you are interested.

    Abid

  8. Re: 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    In article <1190968345.487140.305880@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    jboland@sco.com writes
    >On 27 Sep, 15:37, Donald Campbell wrote:
    >> 3.2 v4.2 system been running non-stop for 11 years, but they are wanting
    >> to increase the number of users.
    >>
    >> They have a 16 user lic in place.
    >>
    >> I do have a spare "unlimited" but I can not find out how to put the
    >> "unlimited" lic on to the machine. Can anyone point me in the right
    >> direction.
    >>
    >> ==
    >>
    >> I would like to move them on but the app they have are deigned for 3.2
    >> v4.2. I did test (many years ago) on 3.2 v5.04 and they worked. Is it
    >> possible to acquire v5.04 licenses and S/W?

    >Don,
    >
    >I suspect that the unlimited license you have is a base operating
    >system license and not a "User" license.
    >
    >To add a user license you put the license floppy in the drive
    >and run custom to add the license to your system.
    >
    >There is no supported way to remove an existing license from the
    >OS and add another. The only supported way get where you want
    >to go would be to reinstall the OS with the unlimited license.
    >
    >I would recommend that you consider upgrading the customer to
    >OpeNServer 6. You can download and install with a 60 day eval
    >from:
    >
    >http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >John

    How do you get the eval licence?

    Don C

  9. Re: 3.2 v4.2 licence - need to increase the number of users

    In article , Donald Campbell
    writes
    >In article <1190968345.487140.305880@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    >jboland@sco.com writes
    >>On 27 Sep, 15:37, Donald Campbell wrote:
    >>> 3.2 v4.2 system been running non-stop for 11 years, but they are wanting
    >>> to increase the number of users.
    >>>
    >>> They have a 16 user lic in place.
    >>>
    >>> I do have a spare "unlimited" but I can not find out how to put the
    >>> "unlimited" lic on to the machine. Can anyone point me in the right
    >>> direction.
    >>>
    >>> ==
    >>>
    >>> I would like to move them on but the app they have are deigned for 3.2
    >>> v4.2. I did test (many years ago) on 3.2 v5.04 and they worked. Is it
    >>> possible to acquire v5.04 licenses and S/W?

    >>Don,
    >>
    >>I suspect that the unlimited license you have is a base operating
    >>system license and not a "User" license.
    >>
    >>To add a user license you put the license floppy in the drive
    >>and run custom to add the license to your system.
    >>
    >>There is no supported way to remove an existing license from the
    >>OS and add another. The only supported way get where you want
    >>to go would be to reinstall the OS with the unlimited license.
    >>
    >>I would recommend that you consider upgrading the customer to
    >>OpeNServer 6. You can download and install with a 60 day eval
    >>from:
    >>
    >>http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>John
    >>

    >How do you get the eval licence?
    >
    >Don C

    Open mouth and put foot in it.
    Having re-read the screen, I now know the answer.......

    Don C

+ Reply to Thread