Desperately need 3.2v4.2 diskettes to restart old system - SCO

This is a discussion on Desperately need 3.2v4.2 diskettes to restart old system - SCO ; I have a mail order business with a crashed computer (old hardware) running on SCO 3.2v4.2. We do not have a reboot disk for our system, and our original install diskettes are no longer functional. Our situation is extremely tough. ...

  1. Desperately need 3.2v4.2 diskettes to restart old system

    I have a mail order business with a crashed computer (old hardware)
    running on SCO 3.2v4.2. We do not have a reboot disk for our system,
    and our original install diskettes are no longer functional. Our
    situation is extremely tough.

    Is there someone out there who could help me out with a set of usable
    diskettes with which to reinstall the system? We have our original
    license ID and activation key.

    I can provide FedEx priority overnight payment info.

    MTIA,
    Chris Bagby

  2. Re: Desperately need 3.2v4.2 diskettes to restart old system

    spurhikes@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have a mail order business with a crashed computer (old hardware)
    > running on SCO 3.2v4.2. We do not have a reboot disk for our system,
    > and our original install diskettes are no longer functional. Our
    > situation is extremely tough.
    >
    > Is there someone out there who could help me out with a set of usable
    > diskettes with which to reinstall the system? We have our original
    > license ID and activation key.
    >
    > I can provide FedEx priority overnight payment info.

    There is a 99-44/100% chance that OSR 6 will run your application.
    Why not download the iso and run it on a modern computer?
    http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161

    You've got like 60 days to move to somthing from this century.

    I just realized you may have a tape backup that has a ISA card. Then you'll want
    to find someone with around a Pentium 400, 450 or so. Most of those motherboards
    had a ISA as well as PCI card slots.

    Good Luck.

  3. Re: Desperately need 3.2v4.2 diskettes to restart old system

    spurhikes@gmail.com hath wroth:

    >I have a mail order business with a crashed computer (old hardware)

    Any particular hardware? Specifically, is it IDE or SCSI. Is it
    perhaps Microchannel? The boot disks for these are different.

    >running on SCO 3.2v4.2. We do not have a reboot disk for our system,
    >and our original install diskettes are no longer functional. Our
    >situation is extremely tough.

    I just uploaded the N1, N2, and M1 disk images to my web pile. These
    are the installation floppy disks, which might work.

    Use RAWRITE.EXE on a DOS or Windoze machine to create the 3.5"
    floppies.

    Good luck.

    --
    Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
    Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

  4. Re: Desperately need 3.2v4.2 diskettes to restart old system

    Would existing 3.2 v4.2 licences work with v6?

    Don C

    In article <0fSdnUBqkt0lK2fbnZ2dnUVZ_tqtnZ2d@ctc.net>, Walter Vaughan
    writes
    >spurhikes@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> I have a mail order business with a crashed computer (old hardware)
    >> running on SCO 3.2v4.2. We do not have a reboot disk for our system,
    >> and our original install diskettes are no longer functional. Our
    >> situation is extremely tough.
    >> Is there someone out there who could help me out with a set of
    >>usable
    >> diskettes with which to reinstall the system? We have our original
    >> license ID and activation key.
    >> I can provide FedEx priority overnight payment info.

    >There is a 99-44/100% chance that OSR 6 will run your application.
    >Why not download the iso and run it on a modern computer?
    >http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161
    >
    >You've got like 60 days to move to somthing from this century.
    >
    >I just realized you may have a tape backup that has a ISA card. Then
    >you'll want to find someone with around a Pentium 400, 450 or so. Most
    >of those motherboards had a ISA as well as PCI card slots.
    >
    >Good Luck.

  5. Re: Desperately need 3.2v4.2 diskettes to restart old system

    Jeff,
    Many thanks. We will try this route. Our hardware is SCSI.
    Chris

    On Sep 27, 1:42 am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
    > spurhi...@gmail.com hath wroth:
    >
    > >I have a mail order business with a crashed computer (old hardware)

    > Any particular hardware? Specifically, is it IDE or SCSI. Is it
    > perhaps Microchannel? The boot disks for these are different.
    >
    > >running on SCO 3.2v4.2. We do not have a reboot disk for our system,
    > >and our original install diskettes are no longer functional. Our
    > >situation is extremely tough.

    > I just uploaded the N1, N2, and M1 disk images to my web pile. These
    > are the installation floppy disks, which might work.
    >
    > Use RAWRITE.EXE on a DOS or Windoze machine to create the 3.5"
    > floppies.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
    > Santa Cruz CA 95060http://802.11junk.com
    > Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

  6. Re: Desperately need 3.2v4.2 diskettes to restart old system

    Donald Campbell typed (on Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:30:47PM +0100):

    > Would existing 3.2 v4.2 licences work with v6?

    No, but you can use them for an upgrade to 6.0.0

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread