Java installation on SCO507 - SCO

This is a discussion on Java installation on SCO507 - SCO ; Hai, Can any body tell me command of install the java(java2jre3.pkg.Z) on sco507. Thanks for support Rajesh...

  1. Java installation on SCO507

    Hai,

    Can any body tell me command of install the java(java2jre3.pkg.Z) on
    sco507.

    Thanks for support

    Rajesh

  2. Re: Java installation on SCO507

    Rajesh wrote:

    > Hai,
    >
    > Can any body tell me command of install the java(java2jre3.pkg.Z) on
    > sco507.

    Before you begin you need these packages installed as well..
    * urwfonts or freefonts
    * OSRcompat version 7.1.1b

    Create a temporary installation directory

    mkdir /tmp1

    Move your file to the installation directory.

    mv java2jre3.pkg.Z /tmp1

    Change to the installation directory:

    cd /tmp1

    Uncompress the file:

    uncompress java2jre3.pkg.Z

    Install the JRE package using pkgadd.

    pkgadd -d /tmp1/java2jre3.pkg

    ==========
    The question is why bother. Almost nothing that requires java that is current
    will work with that old a version of Java.

    AND since this is java you may want to look into FreeBSD or OpenSolaris or Linux...

  3. Re: Java installation on SCO507

    On 26 Sep, 11:36, Rajesh wrote:
    > Hai,
    >
    > Can any body tell me command of install the java(java2jre3.pkg.Z) on
    > sco507.

    Rajesh,

    Please see the release notes at:

    ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/50...easeNotes.html

    and the download page at:

    http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=261

    for the latest 1.3 release of Java for OpenServer 5.0.7.

    John

  4. Re: Java installation on SCO507

    On Sep 26, 7:20 pm, Walter Vaughan wrote:
    > Rajesh wrote:
    > > Hai,

    > > Can any body tell me command of install the java(java2jre3.pkg.Z) on
    > > sco507.

    > Before you begin you need these packages installed as well..
    > * urwfonts or freefonts
    > * OSRcompat version 7.1.1b
    >
    > Create a temporary installation directory
    >
    > mkdir /tmp1
    >
    > Move your file to the installation directory.
    >
    > mv java2jre3.pkg.Z /tmp1
    >
    > Change to the installation directory:
    >
    > cd /tmp1
    >
    > Uncompress the file:
    >
    > uncompress java2jre3.pkg.Z
    >
    > Install the JRE package using pkgadd.
    >
    > pkgadd -d /tmp1/java2jre3.pkg
    >
    > ==========
    > The question is why bother. Almost nothing that requires java that is current
    > will work with that old a version of Java.
    >
    > AND since this is java you may want to look into FreeBSD or OpenSolaris or Linux...

    Dear Mr.Walter Vaughan

    Many thanks for your immediate help.

    Rajesh

  5. Re: Java installation on SCO507

    On Sep 27, 12:48 pm, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    > On 26 Sep, 11:36, Rajesh wrote:
    >
    > > Hai,

    > > Can any body tell me command of install the java(java2jre3.pkg.Z) on
    > > sco507.

    > Rajesh,
    >
    > Please see the release notes at:
    >
    > ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/50...0/ReleaseNotes....
    >
    > and the download page at:
    >
    > http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=261
    >
    > for the latest 1.3 release of Java for OpenServer 5.0.7.
    >
    > John

    Dear Mr.John,

    Many thanks for your support, can tell me how to install the
    udkfs.image file. Many thanks in advance.

    Rajesh

+ Reply to Thread