mysql and php on SCO6 - SCO

This is a discussion on mysql and php on SCO6 - SCO ; As far as I know SCO6 will be installed with mysql and php. Now I try to connect to mysql on the localhost, but my browser only give the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/htdocs/....". Normally ...

  1. mysql and php on SCO6

    As far as I know SCO6 will be installed with mysql and php.

    Now I try to connect to mysql on the localhost, but my browser only give
    the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
    /var/htdocs/....".
    Normally my AMP server (Apache, Mysql and PHP) runs in linux and for the
    first time I used it SCO6.

    Are their other people who have this error.
    Is rebuilding from source better than using the precompiled version?

    Regards,
    John Kuiper

  2. Re: mysql and php on SCO6

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, jkuiper wrote:
    > As far as I know SCO6 will be installed with mysql and php.
    >
    > Now I try to connect to mysql on the localhost, but my browser only give the
    > error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
    > /var/htdocs/....".
    > Normally my AMP server (Apache, Mysql and PHP) runs in linux and for the first
    > time I used it SCO6.
    >
    > Are their other people who have this error.
    > Is rebuilding from source better than using the precompiled version?

    The best is to download the MySQL from www.mysql.com and follow the binary
    install instructions there. The MySQL that came with the orignal OSR6 CD
    is old and has security issues. Get the latest from the MySQL site.

    --
    Boyd Gerber