Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive - SCO

This is a discussion on Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive - SCO ; Greetings, I am trying to configure a DAT tape drive on Dell PE 840 running SCO 5.0.7. On boot I see for the Seagate DAT-72: Slot #3 Ch A ID 6 LUN 0 BUS 16 And the tape drive is ...

  1. Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive

    Greetings,

    I am trying to configure a DAT tape drive on Dell PE 840 running SCO
    5.0.7.

    On boot I see for the Seagate DAT-72:

    Slot #3
    Ch A
    ID 6
    LUN 0
    BUS 16

    And the tape drive is connect to a Adaptec 39320A. I have loaded the
    AD320 driver and configured the tape drive as:

    ad320
    Host adapter = 0
    Bus = 0
    Target = 6
    Lun = 0

    However i get "can't open 'dev/xct0' when i do a 'tape status' - any
    suggestions would be greatly appreciated~!

  2. Re: Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive

    On Sep 4, 11:29 am, TSIs2000 wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am trying to configure a DAT tape drive on Dell PE 840 running SCO
    > 5.0.7.
    >
    > On boot I see for the Seagate DAT-72:
    >
    > Slot #3
    > Ch A
    > ID 6
    > LUN 0
    > BUS 16
    >
    > And the tape drive is connect to a Adaptec 39320A. I have loaded the
    > AD320 driver and configured the tape drive as:
    >
    > ad320
    > Host adapter = 0
    > Bus = 0
    > Target = 6
    > Lun = 0
    >
    > However i get "can't open 'dev/xct0' when i do a 'tape status' - any
    > suggestions would be greatly appreciated~!

    Hi there,

    What is the output of sconf -v
    Maybe the host adapter might need to be 1.

    Foz.

  3. Re: Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive

    I usually install UnixWare, but it seems the one time I installed
    Openserver, I had to use the mkdev tape command for that tape to get
    recognized - apparently open server is not plug and play!

    "TSIs2000" wrote in message
    news:1188926992.830820.282640@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am trying to configure a DAT tape drive on Dell PE 840 running SCO
    > 5.0.7.
    >
    > On boot I see for the Seagate DAT-72:
    >
    > Slot #3
    > Ch A
    > ID 6
    > LUN 0
    > BUS 16
    >
    > And the tape drive is connect to a Adaptec 39320A. I have loaded the
    > AD320 driver and configured the tape drive as:
    >
    > ad320
    > Host adapter = 0
    > Bus = 0
    > Target = 6
    > Lun = 0
    >
    > However i get "can't open 'dev/xct0' when i do a 'tape status' - any
    > suggestions would be greatly appreciated~!

  4. Re: Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive

    Ron Kirschner wrote:
    > I usually install UnixWare, but it seems the one time I installed
    > Openserver, I had to use the mkdev tape command for that tape to get
    > recognized - apparently open server is not plug and play!

    OpenServer5 is not P&P as far as tapes and disks are concerned;
    OpenServer6 *is*

    Best,
    Rob

    --
    Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"

  5. Re: Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive

    TSIs2000 wrote (on Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 05:29:52PM -0000):
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am trying to configure a DAT tape drive on Dell PE 840 running SCO
    > 5.0.7.
    >
    > On boot I see for the Seagate DAT-72:
    >
    > Slot #3
    > Ch A
    > ID 6
    > LUN 0
    > BUS 16
    >
    > And the tape drive is connect to a Adaptec 39320A. I have loaded the
    > AD320 driver and configured the tape drive as:
    >
    > ad320
    > Host adapter = 0
    > Bus = 0
    > Target = 6
    > Lun = 0
    >
    > However i get "can't open 'dev/xct0' when i do a 'tape status' - any
    > suggestions would be greatly appreciated~!

    Shot in the dark: perhaps you really want /dev/rStp0, or /dev/*tp*.

    Nachman Yaakov Ziskind, FSPA, LLM awacs@ziskind.us
    Attorney and Counselor-at-Law http://ziskind.us
    Economic Group Pension Services http://egps.com

  6. Re: Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive

    Edit /etc/default/tape, change xct0 to rct0 (or rStp0) and tape status
    will work.

    TSIs2000 wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am trying to configure a DAT tape drive on Dell PE 840 running SCO
    > 5.0.7.
    >
    > On boot I see for the Seagate DAT-72:
    >
    > Slot #3
    > Ch A
    > ID 6
    > LUN 0
    > BUS 16
    >
    > And the tape drive is connect to a Adaptec 39320A. I have loaded the
    > AD320 driver and configured the tape drive as:
    >
    > ad320
    > Host adapter = 0
    > Bus = 0
    > Target = 6
    > Lun = 0
    >
    > However i get "can't open 'dev/xct0' when i do a 'tape status' - any
    > suggestions would be greatly appreciated~!

  7. Re: Dell PE 840 SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive

    On Sep 6, 4:35 pm, mbennett
    wrote:
    > Edit /etc/default/tape, change xct0 to rct0 (or rStp0) and tape status
    > will work.
    >

    > TSIs2000 wrote:
    > > Greetings,

    > > I am trying to configure a DAT tape drive on Dell PE 840 running SCO
    > > 5.0.7.

    > > On boot I see for the Seagate DAT-72:

    > > Slot #3
    > > Ch A
    > > ID 6
    > > LUN 0
    > > BUS 16

    > > And the tape drive is connect to a Adaptec 39320A. I have loaded the
    > > AD320 driver and configured the tape drive as:

    > > ad320
    > > Host adapter = 0
    > > Bus = 0
    > > Target = 6
    > > Lun = 0

    > > However i get "can't open 'dev/xct0' when i do a 'tape status' - any
    > > suggestions would be greatly appreciated~!- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks to all.... got it working...was Adapter #2 ID #6 LUN 0 and BUS
    0.

+ Reply to Thread