sco unix 3.2v4.2 - SCO

This is a discussion on sco unix 3.2v4.2 - SCO ; hi, does anybody had a vmware instance with sco unix 3.2v4.2 that i could download to test an old application ? thanks, regards....

  1. sco unix 3.2v4.2

    hi,
    does anybody had a vmware instance with sco unix 3.2v4.2 that i could
    download to test an old application ?
    thanks,
    regards.

  2. Re: sco unix 3.2v4.2

    Hello,

    vomaringo@yahoo.com schrieb:
    > hi,
    > does anybody had a vmware instance with sco unix 3.2v4.2 that i could
    > download to test an old application ?

    Download the OpenServer 5.0.7 iso image from SCO's ftp

    and use it for a small footprint installation inside the virtual
    machine. There is a licence/key for 60 days. Following the instructions
    in the readme files.

    I think it would be easier to use the latest OpenServer 6 for virtual
    machine installations. It works great with MS VirtualPC.

    Regards,
    Andreas Kohl

  3. Re: sco unix 3.2v4.2

    Andreas Kohl wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > vomaringo@yahoo.com schrieb:
    >
    >>hi,
    >>does anybody had a vmware instance with sco unix 3.2v4.2 that i could
    >>download to test an old application ?

    > Download the OpenServer 5.0.7 iso image from SCO's ftp
    >

    > and use it for a small footprint installation inside the virtual
    > machine. There is a licence/key for 60 days. Following the instructions
    > in the readme files.
    >
    > I think it would be easier to use the latest OpenServer 6 for virtual
    > machine installations. It works great with MS VirtualPC.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andreas Kohl

    I installed OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6, 5.0.6 and 6.0.0 on top of VmWare
    Workstation 5.0.0 and never had a single issue (the same when for
    UnixWare 7.1.4).

    SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2 is a bit old (I think it was released back in 1993 or
    something) and pretty hard to find...

    --
    Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"

  4. Re: sco unix 3.2v4.2

    On Sep 3, 1:54 pm, Rob wrote:
    > Andreas Kohl wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > vomari...@yahoo.com schrieb:

    > >>hi,
    > >>does anybody had a vmware instance with sco unix 3.2v4.2 that i could
    > >>download to test an old application ?

    > > Download the OpenServer 5.0.7 iso image from SCO's ftp
    > >

    > > and use it for a small footprint installation inside the virtual
    > > machine. There is a licence/key for 60 days. Following the instructions
    > > in the readme files.

    > > I think it would be easier to use the latest OpenServer 6 for virtual
    > > machine installations. It works great with MS VirtualPC.

    > > Regards,
    > > Andreas Kohl

    > I installed OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6, 5.0.6 and 6.0.0 on top of VmWare
    > Workstation 5.0.0 and never had a single issue (the same when for
    > UnixWare 7.1.4).
    >
    > SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2 is a bit old (I think it was released back in 1993 or
    > something) and pretty hard to find...
    >
    > --
    > Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    > "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"
    > (Pete "Maverick" Mitchell - Top Gun)

    hi,
    thanks for the help. the application is even older (xenix) and not
    sure could run on openserver.
    i'll try your suggestions.

  5. Re: sco unix 3.2v4.2

    vomaringo@yahoo.com wrote:

    >>>Download the OpenServer 5.0.7 iso image from SCO's ftp
    >>>

    > hi,
    > thanks for the help. the application is even older (xenix) and not
    > sure could run on openserver.
    > i'll try your suggestions.

    If it's at least equal to newer than Xenix for 286 CPU binary you should have
    99-44/100% chance.

    Get your OSR5.0.7 setup going. And if it still doesn't work then give us a
    "file" of your binary...

    # file oldprogram
    oldprogram: Microsoft a.out separate pure segmented fixed-stack word-swapped
    not-stripped pre-SysV 286 executable Large Text Large Data

    Good Luck!

+ Reply to Thread