OSR 6 - smooth operation - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR 6 - smooth operation - SCO ; I'm very happy so far with my upgrade from 5.0.6 to OSR6. Running on HP server hardware with 16 SAS drives and 4Gb of RAM. I dont agree with the direction SCO took this century in terms of stupidly focusing ...

  1. OSR 6 - smooth operation

    I'm very happy so far with my upgrade from 5.0.6 to OSR6. Running on
    HP server hardware with 16 SAS drives and 4Gb of RAM.

    I dont agree with the direction SCO took this century in terms of
    stupidly focusing their resources on litigation instead of building on
    their strengths, mitigating their weaknesses and evolving for the
    future but I have to say I don't regret one bit going with SCO
    software again this round. Our vendor of our ERP is a long time SCO
    developer and everyone is comfortable and the system is fully
    operational.

    Just an alternative story to the doom and gloom.....

    James

  2. Re: OSR 6 - smooth operation

    James_Szabadics wrote:
    > I'm very happy so far with my upgrade from 5.0.6 to OSR6. Running on
    > HP server hardware with 16 SAS drives and 4Gb of RAM.
    >
    > I dont agree with the direction SCO took this century in terms of
    > stupidly focusing their resources on litigation instead of building on
    > their strengths, mitigating their weaknesses and evolving for the
    > future but I have to say I don't regret one bit going with SCO
    > software again this round. Our vendor of our ERP is a long time SCO
    > developer and everyone is comfortable and the system is fully
    > operational.
    >
    > Just an alternative story to the doom and gloom.....
    >
    > James

    Well, I do think they're "moving into the future" with their
    Mobility/HipCheck lines of products:

    http://www.me-inc.com/

    Perhaps this is not your future but I do think they're still evolving...

    Just my 2 cents,
    Rob

    --
    Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"

+ Reply to Thread