OSR6 SNMP Trouble - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR6 SNMP Trouble - SCO ; Attempting to monitor number of users logged into SCO OSR6 with MP2 installed... Originally I configured snmp via menu driven #scoadmin and found that although many objects were avaliable, once I compiled the MIBs into my NMS server, I could ...

  1. OSR6 SNMP Trouble

    Attempting to monitor number of users logged into SCO OSR6 with MP2
    installed...

    Originally I configured snmp via menu driven #scoadmin and found
    that
    although many objects were avaliable, once I compiled the MIBs into my
    NMS
    server, I could not enumerate HOST-RESOURCES-MIB objects with an
    snmpwalk...

    Searching for the answer, I came to follow a document written for OSR5
    enable snmp:
    http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=1...299651&pgnum=1

    The document starts with:

    #The IETF RFC1514 defines a Host Resources MIB for use with
    managing
    # host systems with SNMP. By default, this is not enabled
    in
    SCO
    # OpenServer 5. The following example details how to
    activate
    it.
    #
    # First, log in to the system as the "root" user.
    #
    # (1) Associate the MIB system names with their numeric
    object
    # identifier/ASN notation:
    #
    # # cd /etc/sysadm.d
    # # post_mosy -i hostmib.defs -o hostmib.dfn
    #
    # (2) Run "mkdev hostmib" (which calls "/etc/init.d/
    hostmib"):
    #
    # # mkdev hostmib
    #

    However neither the file /etc/sysadm.d/hostmib.defs nor /etc/init.d/
    hostmib
    exist on the system... i did find a /etc/hostmibd and the OSR6 web
    page:
    http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/NET_snmp...r_Process.html

    I still can't poll the SNMP objects im looking for in the hr.mib
    though.. .
    Anyone else get this working?

  2. Re: OSR6 SNMP Trouble

    Anyone... = (