Where did everybody go? ? ? <eom> - SCO

This is a discussion on Where did everybody go? ? ? <eom> - SCO ; Where did everybody go? ? ?...

  1. Where did everybody go? ? ? <eom>

    Where did everybody go? ? ?

  2. Re: Where did everybody go? ? ? <eom>

    In Red Rocket:

    > Where did everybody go? ? ?

    "He's dead, Jim"

    Anyone who still sees SCO as more than a relic is outta their minds:

    Note especially the judge's finding of conversion (fraud). Caveat emptor.

    HTH; YMMV...

  3. Re: Where did everybody go? ? ? <eom>

    Harold Stevens wrote:

    > In Red Rocket:
    >
    >> Where did everybody go? ? ?

    > "He's dead, Jim"
    >

    > Anyone who still sees SCO as more than a relic is outta their minds:
    >
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70810165237718
    >
    > Note especially the judge's finding of conversion (fraud). Caveat emptor.

    I was sure some of the diehards would still be hanging in there.

    Thanks for the reply,

    Good luck everyone.

    Goodbye

    (Closes door on the way out)

  4. Re: Where did everybody go? ? ? <eom>

    On Aug 13, 6:09 pm, Red Rocket wrote:
    > Where did everybody go? ? ?

    Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a Sco administrator!

  5. Where DID everybody go? New questions.

    Mike Clifton wrote:

    > On Aug 13, 6:09 pm, Red Rocket wrote:
    >> Where did everybody go? ? ?

    > Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a Sco administrator!

    At least you seem to have kept your sense of humour.

    So I am still wondering,

    Where did everybody go?

    Windows
    Solaris
    Linux
    OS/X
    other Unix

    or

    Am staying with SCO products in the hope it will be picked up by new
    company.

    Would you guys be willing to work with:

    Novell
    IBM
    RedHat

    if they became the new owners?

    Thanks for any replies.

  6. Re: Where DID everybody go? New questions.

    On Aug 14, 12:24 pm, Red Rocket wrote:
    > Am staying with SCO products in the hope it will be picked up by new
    > company.
    >
    > Would you guys be willing to work with:
    >
    > Novell
    > IBM
    > RedHat
    >
    > if they became the new owners?
    >
    > Thanks for any replies.

    My guess is, after this ruling, since Unixware is part of what Novell
    licensed over to Santa Cruz, which Caldera then acquired, that the
    Novell folks are just waiting for the rocks to finish bouncing in
    Lindon before offering a Linux-migration service/consultancy. Just my
    guess.

    SCOX DELENDA EST!!

  7. Re: Where DID everybody go? New questions.

    In <0Hkwi.59861$fJ5.37038@pd7urf1no> Red Rocket:

    [Snip...]

    > if they became the new owners?

    Of what? The New Chernobl Software SuperSite?

    You might want to read this and its parent threads:

    http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd....sg&mid=2786629

    SCO dealing is like doing realty development at Love Canal NY in the '70s.

  8. Re: Where DID everybody go? New questions.

    On Aug 14, 9:24 am, Red Rocket wrote:
    > Mike Clifton wrote:
    > > On Aug 13, 6:09 pm, Red Rocket wrote:
    > >> Where did everybody go? ? ?

    > > Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a Sco administrator!

    > At least you seem to have kept your sense of humour.
    >
    > So I am still wondering,
    >
    > Where did everybody go?
    >
    > Windows
    > Solaris
    > Linux
    > OS/X
    > other Unix
    >
    > or
    >
    > Am staying with SCO products in the hope it will be picked up by new
    > company.
    >
    > Would you guys be willing to work with:
    >
    > Novell
    > IBM
    > RedHat
    >
    > if they became the new owners?
    >
    > Thanks for any replies.

    Nobody's going anywhere. Judge Kimball's motion ruling was not an
    interrupt that OpenServer or UnixWare catch.

    Given how many SCO sites are on HP hardware, if forced to migrate many
    might choose a platform HP supports. But there are reasons that apps
    are on OpenServer/UnixWare and the size of the installed base suggests
    that any successor to SCO the company or the user community itself
    would continue cultivating it.

    If SCO is dismembered its new mobile products might end up in Redmond.

    --RLR

+ Reply to Thread