TCP problem - SCO

This is a discussion on TCP problem - SCO ; Hi We've just acquired a new SCO box, same version as our old SCO server(SCO_SV 5.0.7). I've successfully changed it's IP address by editing /etc/tcp (as suggested on this forum) and have also mounted some of it's directories on our ...

  1. TCP problem

    Hi
    We've just acquired a new SCO box, same version as our old SCO
    server(SCO_SV 5.0.7).

    I've successfully changed it's IP address by editing /etc/tcp (as
    suggested on this forum) and have also mounted some of it's
    directories on our old SCO server. This has allowed me to copy most of
    our important files from the old server to the new.

    My only problem is that while I can ftp or ping from from the old
    server to the new one, I cannot do the opposite. In other words II
    cannot ping the old server from the new one.

    Any help would be appreciated, my strength is in programming not SCO
    network configuration but I'm hoping this will not be a major hurdle.

    Thx
    Elliot

  2. Re: TCP problem

    On Aug 2, 2:04 pm, Elliot wrote:
    > Hi
    > We've just acquired a new SCO box, same version as our old SCO
    > server(SCO_SV 5.0.7).
    >
    > I've successfully changed it's IP address by editing /etc/tcp (as
    > suggested on this forum) and have also mounted some of it's
    > directories on our old SCO server. This has allowed me to copy most of
    > our important files from the old server to the new.
    >
    > My only problem is that while I can ftp or ping from from the old
    > server to the new one, I cannot do the opposite. In other words II
    > cannot ping the old server from the new one.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated, my strength is in programming not SCO
    > network configuration but I'm hoping this will not be a major hurdle.
    >
    > Thx
    > Elliot

    For a general guideline on changing IP of SCO systems see TA 103333 on
    the SCO Knowledgebase (http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/search).

    If you want help from this forum you have to provide more specifics
    about the problem, i.e., what happens when you try to ping? I.e., are
    you pinging by name or IP address? What does traceroute reveal? What
    is the new box's routing table (netstat -r)? In the absence of
    detailed information anything's possible, although it sounds likely
    that you haven't set up correct routes for the new box.

    --RLR

  3. Re: TCP problem

    Dear Three Star

    I'm just back from vacation. I referred to the TA article you
    mentioned and edited the files it suggests. The problem referred to in
    my original post is no longer present. Not sure what has changed,
    maybe a reboot did the trick. In any case I can now ping or ftp the
    other computes on the network.

    Thx for the help

    Elliot

+ Reply to Thread