Foxpro for Unix on recent Linux kernels? - SCO

This is a discussion on Foxpro for Unix on recent Linux kernels? - SCO ; Has anyone ported sco binary of Foxpro for Unix to a recent linux kernel lately. linux-abi faded away with RedHat 8. I'd like to run foxpro on CENTOS 4.X....

  1. Foxpro for Unix on recent Linux kernels?

    Has anyone ported sco binary of Foxpro for Unix to a recent linux
    kernel lately. linux-abi faded away with RedHat 8.

    I'd like to run foxpro on CENTOS 4.X.

  2. Re: Foxpro for Unix on recent Linux kernels?

    On 2 Aug, 03:13, OregonBob wrote:
    > Has anyone ported sco binary of Foxpro for Unix to a recent linux
    > kernel lately. linux-abi faded away with RedHat 8.
    >
    > I'd like to run foxpro on CENTOS 4.X.

    I've never tried on CENTOS, but I have Fedora core 3, FC6 and an EHEL5
    all machine running Foxpro.

    It's too late in the day to dig out my docs (but if you are really
    wanting them I will able to track them down next week.)

    In the meantime 'linux-abi' is still active on sourceforge so have a
    look on there as someone else may have had a version of CENTOS running
    with it as well.

  3. Re: Foxpro for Unix on recent Linux kernels?

    On Fri, Aug 03, 2007, crymble@gmail.com wrote:
    >On 2 Aug, 03:13, OregonBob wrote:
    >> Has anyone ported sco binary of Foxpro for Unix to a recent linux
    >> kernel lately. linux-abi faded away with RedHat 8.
    >>
    >> I'd like to run foxpro on CENTOS 4.X.

    >I've never tried on CENTOS, but I have Fedora core 3, FC6 and an EHEL5
    >all machine running Foxpro.

    Given that CentOS 4.x is RHEL 4.x, I would think it would work.

    >It's too late in the day to dig out my docs (but if you are really
    >wanting them I will able to track them down next week.)
    >
    >In the meantime 'linux-abi' is still active on sourceforge so have a
    >look on there as someone else may have had a version of CENTOS running
    >with it as well.

    The last system I've found that reliably runs linux-abi is SuSE 9.0 Pro.

    Bill

    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results
    from too much government. --Thomas Jefferson.

+ Reply to Thread