generic lan driver - SCO

This is a discussion on generic lan driver - SCO ; If I want to migrate my old Openserver 5.04 into a new pc, how can I find a generic network driver that can work with Nvidia Nforce Network controller (Nforce550 chipset)? I know that sometime, driver of other manufacturer as ...

  1. generic lan driver

    If I want to migrate my old Openserver 5.04 into a new pc, how can I find a
    generic network driver that can work with Nvidia Nforce Network controller
    (Nforce550 chipset)?
    I know that sometime, driver of other manufacturer as realtek or others can
    work with no manufacturer lan driver.
    I know that a solution could be to add a compatible PCI Ethernet card but I
    want to know if there are other solutions to put my new pc on a lan.
    Alternatively , do you know if exist Nvidia Nforce lan drivers for
    OpenServer 6?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.

  2. Re: generic lan driver

    On 19 Jul, 11:18, "clucom" wrote:
    > If I want to migrate my old Openserver 5.04 into a new pc, how can I find a
    > generic network driver that can work with Nvidia Nforce Network controller
    > (Nforce550 chipset)?
    > I know that sometime, driver of other manufacturer as realtek or others can
    > work with no manufacturer lan driver.
    > I know that a solution could be to add a compatible PCI Ethernet card but I
    > want to know if there are other solutions to put my new pc on a lan.
    > Alternatively , do you know if exist Nvidia Nforce lan drivers for
    > OpenServer 6?
    > Thanks in advance for your reply.

    Well OpenServer 5.0.4 is old and no longer supported. Looking at the
    RealTek web site they have drivers for OpenServer 6 and OpenServer
    5.0.7
    but not 5.0.4.

    There is an evaluation version of OpenServer 6 you can download
    from:

    http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...se.php?rid=161

    to try along with the relevant RealTek driver.

    JOhn

+ Reply to Thread