Unixware vs Openserver - SCO

This is a discussion on Unixware vs Openserver - SCO ; Hello everybody, Are there major differences between Openserver and Unixware? (latest) I have been pouring through the documentation on the SCO website and found the Openserver documentation to be more complete, does the documentation that applies to Openserver also apply ...

  1. Unixware vs Openserver

    Hello everybody,

    Are there major differences between Openserver and Unixware? (latest)

    I have been pouring through the documentation on the SCO website
    and found the Openserver documentation to be more complete, does
    the documentation that applies to Openserver also apply to Unixware?

    Thank you all,

  2. Re: Unixware vs Openserver

    On 18 Jul, 16:19, Q...@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > Are there major differences between Openserver and Unixware? (latest)
    >
    > I have been pouring through the documentation on the SCO website
    > and found the Openserver documentation to be more complete, does
    > the documentation that applies to Openserver also apply to Unixware?

    Off the top of my head:

    1) Packaging on UnixWare is pkgadd, on OpenServer its mainly custom
    tough
    2) Install is different look and feel
    3) Many of the Scoadmin managers are different
    4) Serial port management is very different

    John

+ Reply to Thread