OpenServer 5.0.7 Administratio Guide in PDF? - SCO

This is a discussion on OpenServer 5.0.7 Administratio Guide in PDF? - SCO ; Hello. I am reading through SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 "Getting Started Guide" and "SCO OpenServer Handbook" which I downloaded in PDF form from the SCO web site. Both these documents frequently refer to other documentation, mainly the "SCO OpenServer Networking Guide" ...

  1. OpenServer 5.0.7 Administratio Guide in PDF?

    Hello.

    I am reading through SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 "Getting Started Guide" and
    "SCO OpenServer Handbook" which I downloaded in PDF form from the SCO
    web site. Both these documents frequently refer to other documentation,
    mainly the "SCO OpenServer Networking Guide" and the "SCO OpenServer
    Administration Guide".

    I see those are online at the SCO web page, but I was wondering whether
    a PDF version exists, because reading the web soon get tiresome...

    So, is there a PDF for "SCO OpenServer Administration Guide"? And for
    "Networking Guide"?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: OpenServer 5.0.7 Administratio Guide in PDF?

    Pepe wrote:

    > I am reading through SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 "Getting Started Guide" and
    > "SCO OpenServer Handbook" which I downloaded in PDF form from the SCO
    > web site. Both these documents frequently refer to other documentation,
    > mainly the "SCO OpenServer Networking Guide" and the "SCO OpenServer
    > Administration Guide".
    >
    > I see those are online at the SCO web page, but I was wondering whether
    > a PDF version exists, because reading the web soon get tiresome...
    >
    > So, is there a PDF for "SCO OpenServer Administration Guide"? And for
    > "Networking Guide"?

    If you are referring to:

    http://osr507doc.sco.com/en/NetAdminG/CONTENTS.html
    http://osr507doc.sco.com/en/OSAdminG/CONTENTS.html

    -- then observe the large "PRINT BOOK" button in the upper left corner
    of each. You choose what parts of the doc to make into a PDF or
    PostScript book...

    Also, I think you can get to that with http://localhost:8457/en/OSAdminG
    on your OSR507 system...

    >Bela<

  3. Re: OpenServer 5.0.7 Administratio Guide in PDF?

    Bela Lubkin wrote:

    > If you are referring to:
    >
    > http://osr507doc.sco.com/en/NetAdminG/CONTENTS.html
    > http://osr507doc.sco.com/en/OSAdminG/CONTENTS.html
    >
    > -- then observe the large "PRINT BOOK" button in the upper left corner
    > of each. You choose what parts of the doc to make into a PDF or
    > PostScript book...

    Thank you, Bela.

    I get this error when trying to generate the PDF on-line at the SCO web
    site:

    ---------------------
    Error generating book

    Something went wrong converting that content, so no pages were generated.
    ---------------------

    Perhaps it's me making bad choices at the web GUI that controls the PDF
    generation... although I tried different combinations.

    Anyway, reading the guides in web form is sufficient, although not ideal.

  4. Re: OpenServer 5.0.7 Administratio Guide in PDF?

    Pepe wrote:

    > Bela Lubkin wrote:
    >
    > > If you are referring to:
    > >
    > > http://osr507doc.sco.com/en/NetAdminG/CONTENTS.html
    > > http://osr507doc.sco.com/en/OSAdminG/CONTENTS.html
    > >
    > > -- then observe the large "PRINT BOOK" button in the upper left corner
    > > of each. You choose what parts of the doc to make into a PDF or
    > > PostScript book...

    > Thank you, Bela.
    >
    > I get this error when trying to generate the PDF on-line at the SCO web
    > site:
    >
    > ---------------------
    > Error generating book
    >
    > Something went wrong converting that content, so no pages were generated.
    >
    > Perhaps it's me making bad choices at the web GUI that controls the PDF
    > generation... although I tried different combinations.
    >
    > Anyway, reading the guides in web form is sufficient, although not ideal.

    Hmmm, so it is. I guess it's broken.

    The equivalent
    seems to be working, but the resulting docs won't be quite right for
    you.

    >Bela<

+ Reply to Thread