Need free space in /stand - SCO

This is a discussion on Need free space in /stand - SCO ; Hi all, I've a server (OpenSerrver 5.0.6), the filesystem /stand is used at 94 %. I do'nt know wher are the files that can be cleared. Can somebody help me. Thank you in advance for the help. -- Andre GEORGEL...

  1. Need free space in /stand

    Hi all,

    I've a server (OpenSerrver 5.0.6), the filesystem /stand is used at 94
    %.

    --
    Andre GEORGEL

  2. Re: Need free space in /stand

    André Georgel wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've a server (OpenSerrver 5.0.6), the filesystem /stand is used at 94 %.
    >
    > I do'nt know wher are the files that can be cleared.
    >
    > Can somebody help me.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for the help.

    My OSR507 system has these

    >ls -F /stand

    boot
    bootos
    dos
    etc/
    link
    lost+found/
    sfmt*
    unix
    unix.install
    unix.old
    unix.safe

    The etc directory only contains etc/default/boot
    The directory lost+found is empty.
    Like me, you may have some extra copies of the "unix" kernel which you
    don't really need.

    OpenServer Unix kernels vary greatly in size, it is possible you simply
    don't have enough space in /stand for your kernel (with whatever options
    you have selected) plus a reasonable allowance for building new kernels
    etc. I'm pretty sure this mismatch in space can happen if you don't
    re-layout the disks as you upgrade from very old versions of OpenServer.

  3. Re: Need free space in /stand

    Ian Wilson a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
    > André Georgel wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I've a server (OpenSerrver 5.0.6), the filesystem /stand is used at 94 %.
    >>
    >> I do'nt know wher are the files that can be cleared.
    >>
    >> Can somebody help me.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance for the help.
    >>

    > My OSR507 system has these
    >
    > >ls -F /stand

    > boot
    > bootos
    > dos
    > etc/
    > link
    > lost+found/
    > sfmt*
    > unix
    > unix.install
    > unix.old
    > unix.safe
    >
    > The etc directory only contains etc/default/boot
    > The directory lost+found is empty.
    > Like me, you may have some extra copies of the "unix" kernel which you don't
    > really need.
    >
    > OpenServer Unix kernels vary greatly in size, it is possible you simply don't
    > have enough space in /stand for your kernel (with whatever options you have
    > selected) plus a reasonable allowance for building new kernels etc. I'm
    > pretty sure this mismatch in space can happen if you don't re-layout the
    > disks as you upgrade from very old versions of OpenServer.

    In my post, need free space is a bad word its better I say I want make
    free space ....

    --
    Andre GEORGEL

  4. Re: Need free space in /stand

    andre.georgel typed (on Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:12:43PM +0200):
    > In my post, need free space is a bad word its better I say I want make free
    > space ....

    Type "man btmnt".

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  5. Re: Need free space in /stand

    > andre.georgel typed (on Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:12:43PM +0200):
    >> In my post, need free space is a bad word its better I say I want make free
    >> space ....

    > Type "man btmnt".

    I've look at btmnt, but I do'nt see why this command ?

    Andre Georgel

    Pour répondre et obtenir l'adresse Email :
    http://marreduspam.com/ad897732
    Site : http://materiels.trans.free.fr

    "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a*plus rien à
    ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien à enlever."
    "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
    when there is nothing to remove."

    (A. de Saint Exupery)

  6. Re: Need free space in /stand

    Andr Georgel typed (on Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:06:05AM +0200):
    >> andre.georgel typed (on Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:12:43PM +0200):
    >>> In my post, need free space is a bad word its better I say I want make
    >>> free space ....

    >> Type "man btmnt".

    > I've look at btmnt, but I do'nt see why this command ?

    Because in OSR 5, /stand is mounted read-only, so you can't remove
    anything unless you use btmnt to remount it with write permission.

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  7. Re: Need free space in /stand

    > Andr Georgel typed (on Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:06:05AM +0200):
    >>> andre.georgel typed (on Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:12:43PM +0200):
    >>>
    >>> Type "man btmnt".

    >> I've look at btmnt, but I do'nt see why this command ?

    > Because in OSR 5, /stand is mounted read-only, so you can't remove
    > anything unless you use btmnt to remount it with write permission.

    OK, thank you for this precision.

    Andre Georgel

    Pour répondre et obtenir l'adresse Email :
    http://marreduspam.com/ad897732
    Site : http://materiels.trans.free.fr

    "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a*plus rien à
    ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien à enlever."
    "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
    when there is nothing to remove."

    (A. de Saint Exupery)

  8. Re: Need free space in /stand

    Jean-Pierre Radley a exprimé avec précision :
    > Andr Georgel typed (on Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:06:05AM +0200):
    >>> andre.georgel typed (on Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:12:43PM +0200):
    >>>
    >>> Type "man btmnt".

    >> I've look at btmnt, but I do'nt see why this command ?

    > Because in OSR 5, /stand is mounted read-only, so you can't remove
    > anything unless you use btmnt to remount it with write permission.

    Bonjour JPR,

    Je n'avais pas vu que c'était vous qui m'aviez répondu, je devais être
    un peu pressé !
    Amicalement à vous et un petit bonjour de France.

    --
    Andre GEORGEL

+ Reply to Thread