Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED - SCO

This is a discussion on Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED - SCO ; Hello. I am into retro-computing as a hobby (there are worst things, you know...). Anyway, I am currently running SCO Xenix 2.3.4 for i386 on an old PC, and together with some manuals and reference documentation I downloaded in PDF ...

  1. Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED

    Hello.

    I am into retro-computing as a hobby (there are worst things, you know...).

    Anyway, I am currently running SCO Xenix 2.3.4 for i386 on an old PC,
    and together with some manuals and reference documentation I downloaded
    in PDF form from the Internet, I am loving the hours I spend with this
    "new" toy!

    However, the floppy set I got with this system does not include a
    development environment for the C language, and THAT is a real bummer.

    So, I am searching for the "Development System(386)" for SCO Xenix
    2.3.4. I think that is what I need, at least according to this FAQ:

    http://www.uni-giessen.de/faq/archiv.../msg00000.html

    Also, this web page has this to say:
    http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec1compiler.html

    > Xenix, Unix and ODT do not ship with program development tools. These
    > are unbundled into packages known as Development Systems. The
    > rationale behind this is that many users of SCO systems are using
    > off-the-shelf software and never need to write a line of C code.

    This software kit seems to be totally unavailable and lost. eBay is
    empty of this, also. The ed2k network is empty too.

    So, does anyone have it in some forgotten closet? How could we
    retro-computing hobbyists get our hands on this development environment
    for SCO Xenix 2.3.4 ?

    Any information or tips are most welcomed.

    Thank you.

    Pepe
    pepe@naleco.com

  2. Re: Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED

    Pepe typed (on Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 08:38:10PM +0200):
    > Hello.
    >
    > I am into retro-computing as a hobby (there are worst things, you know...).
    >
    > Anyway, I am currently running SCO Xenix 2.3.4 for i386 on an old PC, and
    > together with some manuals and reference documentation I downloaded in PDF
    > form from the Internet, I am loving the hours I spend with this "new" toy!
    >
    > However, the floppy set I got with this system does not include a
    > development environment for the C language, and THAT is a real bummer.
    >
    > So, I am searching for the "Development System(386)" for SCO Xenix 2.3.4. I
    > think that is what I need, at least according to this FAQ:
    >
    > http://www.uni-giessen.de/faq/archiv.../msg00000.html
    >
    > Also, this web page has this to say:
    > http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec1compiler.html
    >
    > > Xenix, Unix and ODT do not ship with program development tools. These
    > > are unbundled into packages known as Development Systems. The
    > > rationale behind this is that many users of SCO systems are using
    > > off-the-shelf software and never need to write a line of C code.

    > This software kit seems to be totally unavailable and lost. eBay is empty
    > of this, also. The ed2k network is empty too.
    >
    > So, does anyone have it in some forgotten closet? How could we
    > retro-computing hobbyists get our hands on this development environment for
    > SCO Xenix 2.3.4 ?
    >
    > Any information or tips are most welcomed.

    Even if you had the diskettes, you'd need a License to use them.

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  3. Re: Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED

    Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

    > Even if you had the diskettes, you'd need a License to use them.

    If the license is not of the OEM type, it can perfectly be transferred,
    in exchange of money or not.

    Thank you for your legal advise, anyway.

  4. Re: Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED

    On Jun 21, 3:17 pm, Pepe wrote:
    > Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > > Even if you had the diskettes, you'd need a License to use them.

    > If the license is not of the OEM type, it can perfectly be transferred,
    > in exchange of money or not.
    >
    > Thank you for your legal advise, anyway.

    I think I have it, pl. let me know if you are still interested.

  5. Re: Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED

    akhan@att.net wrote:
    > On Jun 21, 3:17 pm, Pepe wrote:
    >> Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    >>> Even if you had the diskettes, you'd need a License to use them.

    >> If the license is not of the OEM type, it can perfectly be transferred,
    >> in exchange of money or not.
    >>
    >> Thank you for your legal advise, anyway.

    > I think I have it, pl. let me know if you are still interested.

    Yes, I am. You've got an email...

    Thanks.

  6. Re: Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED

    On Jun 28, 5:36 pm, Pepe wrote:
    > a...@att.net wrote:
    > >> If the license is not of the OEM type, it can perfectly be transferred,
    > >> in exchange of money or not.

    > >> Thank you for your legal advise, anyway.

    > > I think I have it, pl. let me know if you are still interested.

    > Yes, I am. You've got an email...
    >
    > Thanks.

    akhan@att.net

  7. Re: Xenix 2.3.4 Development System, WANTED

    Pepe:

    I found SCO Xenix 386 2.3.2 D1 thru D6 on 1.2MB 5 1/4 diskettes.

    "Pepe" wrote in message news:f5egc3$jul$1@news.ya.com...
    > Hello.
    >
    > I am into retro-computing as a hobby (there are worst things, you

    know...).

    > Anyway, I am currently running SCO Xenix 2.3.4 for i386 on an old PC,
    > and together with some manuals and reference documentation I downloaded
    > in PDF form from the Internet, I am loving the hours I spend with this
    > "new" toy!
    >
    > However, the floppy set I got with this system does not include a
    > development environment for the C language, and THAT is a real bummer.
    >
    > So, I am searching for the "Development System(386)" for SCO Xenix
    > 2.3.4. I think that is what I need, at least according to this FAQ:
    >
    > http://www.uni-giessen.de/faq/archiv.../msg00000.html
    >
    > Also, this web page has this to say:
    > http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec1compiler.html
    >
    > > Xenix, Unix and ODT do not ship with program development tools. These
    > > are unbundled into packages known as Development Systems. The
    > > rationale behind this is that many users of SCO systems are using
    > > off-the-shelf software and never need to write a line of C code.

    > This software kit seems to be totally unavailable and lost. eBay is
    > empty of this, also. The ed2k network is empty too.
    >
    > So, does anyone have it in some forgotten closet? How could we
    > retro-computing hobbyists get our hands on this development environment
    > for SCO Xenix 2.3.4 ?
    >
    > Any information or tips are most welcomed.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Pepe
    > pepe@naleco.com

+ Reply to Thread