CUPS Access? - SCO

This is a discussion on CUPS Access? - SCO ; OK, so I've been working with CUPS since it was available on the SCO systems. But now for some reason, when I go to try to add a printer through cups I get prompted with the username/password dialog box like ...

  1. CUPS Access?

    OK, so I've been working with CUPS since it was available on the SCO
    systems. But now for some reason, when I go to try to add a printer
    through cups I get prompted with the username/password dialog box like
    normal, but it WILL NOT accept the root username and password?

    Anyone had any trouble with this? I can't figure it out for the life
    of me.. Right now I've just edited the cupsd.conf file and commented
    out the AUTH commands for the admin directory so I can make the needed
    changes, then I'll put them back.

    But it was working on the system, it just all of a sudden stopped
    working.

    Thanks,
    -David

    System:
    SCO Openserver 6

  2. Re: CUPS Access?

    In article <1181662896.453914.322900@i13g2000prf.googlegroups. com>,
    David C. Moody wrote:
    >OK, so I've been working with CUPS since it was available on the SCO
    >systems. But now for some reason, when I go to try to add a printer
    >through cups I get prompted with the username/password dialog box like
    >normal, but it WILL NOT accept the root username and password?

    Does anything useful appear in /var/log/cups/error_log?

    John

  3. Re: CUPS Access?

    On Jun 13, 8:38 pm, spce...@armory.com (John DuBois) wrote:
    > In article <1181662896.453914.322...@i13g2000prf.googlegroups. com>,
    > David C. Moody wrote:
    >
    > >OK, so I've been working with CUPS since it was available on the SCO
    > >systems. But now for some reason, when I go to try to add a printer
    > >through cups I get prompted with the username/password dialog box like
    > >normal, but it WILL NOT accept the root username and password?

    > Does anything useful appear in /var/log/cups/error_log?
    >
    > John
    > --
    > John DuBois spce...@armory.com KC6QKZ/AE http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/

    No nothing useful in the log file, actually nothing shows up when
    using the root username.
    If i change the username to like "admin" then I see:
    W [20/Jun/2007:15:47:19 +0500] IsAuthorized: Unknown username "admin";
    access
    denied.

    But other than that nothing shows up.
    -David