Openserver 6 Cron - SCO

This is a discussion on Openserver 6 Cron - SCO ; Hi All, I just this weekend moved from Openserver 5.0.7 to Openserver 6. On 5.0.7, I used to get emails: "Output of one of your cron jobs" On my new 6 server, I did not get these emails, but cron ...

  1. Openserver 6 Cron

    Hi All,

    I just this weekend moved from Openserver 5.0.7 to Openserver 6. On
    5.0.7, I used to get emails: "Output of one of your cron jobs" On my
    new 6 server, I did not get these emails, but cron did run the jobs?

    Any clues as to what might be the problem? Is there a new flag that I
    have to turn on to receive the email notifications now?

    Thanks,
    -David

  2. Re: Openserver 6 Cron

    In article <1181567949.181616.117040@p47g2000hsd.googlegroups. com>,
    David C. Moody wrote:
    >I just this weekend moved from Openserver 5.0.7 to Openserver 6. On
    >5.0.7, I used to get emails: "Output of one of your cron jobs" On my
    >new 6 server, I did not get these emails, but cron did run the jobs?
    >
    >Any clues as to what might be the problem? Is there a new flag that I
    >have to turn on to receive the email notifications now?

    No, there is no new flag. Is mail otherwise working correctly on this system?

    John

  3. Re: Openserver 6 Cron

    On Jun 11, 11:24 am, spce...@armory.com (John DuBois) wrote:
    > In article <1181567949.181616.117...@p47g2000hsd.googlegroups. com>,
    > David C. Moody wrote:
    >
    > >I just this weekend moved from Openserver 5.0.7 to Openserver 6. On
    > >5.0.7, I used to get emails: "Output of one of your cron jobs" On my
    > >new 6 server, I did not get these emails, but cron did run the jobs?

    > >Any clues as to what might be the problem? Is there a new flag that I
    > >have to turn on to receive the email notifications now?

    > No, there is no new flag. Is mail otherwise working correctly on this system?
    >
    > John
    > --
    > John DuBois spce...@armory.com KC6QKZ/AE http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/

    Hi John,

    I figured it out... For some reason, my mail to root was just
    disappearing? It wasn't going to my email account, it wasn't going to
    the root account, who knows? I put a .forward in the root directory
    and everything started showing up in my mailbox. I don't know where
    the ones from the past few days have been going.

    But it is working now.

    Thanks,
    -David

  4. Re: Openserver 6 Cron

    On Jun 11, 12:29 pm, "David C. Moody" wrote:
    > On Jun 11, 11:24 am, spce...@armory.com (John DuBois) wrote:
    >
    > > In article <1181567949.181616.117...@p47g2000hsd.googlegroups. com>,
    > > David C. Moody wrote:

    > > >I just this weekend moved from Openserver 5.0.7 to Openserver 6. On
    > > >5.0.7, I used to get emails: "Output of one of your cron jobs" On my
    > > >new 6 server, I did not get these emails, but cron did run the jobs?

    > > >Any clues as to what might be the problem? Is there a new flag that I
    > > >have to turn on to receive the email notifications now?

    > > No, there is no new flag. Is mail otherwise working correctly on this system?

    > > John
    > > --
    > > John DuBois spce...@armory.com KC6QKZ/AE http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/

    > Hi John,
    >
    > I figured it out... For some reason, my mail to root was just
    > disappearing? It wasn't going to my email account, it wasn't going to
    > the root account, who knows? I put a .forward in the root directory
    > and everything started showing up in my mailbox. I don't know where
    > the ones from the past few days have been going.
    >
    > But it is working now.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -David

    Look in /etc/mail/aliases for the comments,
    # Uncomment and *CHANGE* this!
    # root: insert-human-being-here
    Do it and then run
    newaliases

    Also in /etc/default/cron you can change
    CRONLOG=no
    CRONLOG=yes
    This will log all cron jobs in /usr/lib/cron/log.

    --RLR

+ Reply to Thread