Zip Drive hanging on boot - SCO

This is a discussion on Zip Drive hanging on boot - SCO ; After installing 5.0.7 on new Intel P4 935 Pentium D Chipset with Intel D102GGC2 Motherboard, and installing 507mp3, 507mp4, and 507mp5 and using defbootstr disable=usb_ohci at boot prompt, with zip drive in USB port, system hangs after it recognized usb_ehci.. ...

  1. Zip Drive hanging on boot

    After installing 5.0.7 on new Intel P4 935 Pentium D Chipset with Intel
    D102GGC2 Motherboard, and installing 507mp3, 507mp4, and 507mp5 and using
    defbootstr disable=usb_ohci at boot prompt, with zip drive in USB port,
    system hangs after it recognized usb_ehci.. I also tried to disable=usb_uhci
    at boot prompt but system still hangs, If I remove zip drive and boot
    system with defbootstr disable=usb_ohci, system will boot OK, but then if I
    plug in zip drive to USB port, system hangs, keyboard does not respond.
    Keyboard and Mouse are not USB.
    I have done this installation in past with zip drive on non-intel
    motherboards and up to 507mp3 with no problems.
    Is it the motherboard or 507mp4 or 507mp5 ?
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Frank

  2. Re: Zip Drive hanging on boot

    On 5 Jun, 10:09, "Frank & Michelle Costa"
    wrote:
    > After installing 5.0.7 on new Intel P4 935 Pentium D Chipset with Intel
    > D102GGC2 Motherboard, and installing 507mp3, 507mp4, and 507mp5 and using
    > defbootstr disable=usb_ohci at boot prompt, with zip drive in USB port,
    > system hangs after it recognized usb_ehci.. I also tried to disable=usb_uhci
    > at boot prompt but system still hangs, If I remove zip drive and boot
    > system with defbootstr disable=usb_ohci, system will boot OK, but then if I
    > plug in zip drive to USB port, system hangs, keyboard does not respond.
    > Keyboard and Mouse are not USB.
    > I have done this installation in past with zip drive on non-intel
    > motherboards and up to 507mp3 with no problems.
    > Is it the motherboard or 507mp4 or 507mp5 ?
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Frank,

    Not sure why you are disabling the USB driver in this way but
    if the system is hanging at usb_ehci recognition then maybe you
    need to disable that driver to see if you can get further.

    I would also see if playig around with BIOS settings helps.

    John

+ Reply to Thread