Re: rlogin prompting for password between two OSR6 servers - SCO

This is a discussion on Re: rlogin prompting for password between two OSR6 servers - SCO ; On May 23, 6:16 am, "Brian K. White" wrote: > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "James_Szabadics" > > Newsgroups: comp.unix.sco.misc > To: > Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:36 AM > Subject: rlogin prompting for password between two OSR6 ...

  1. Re: rlogin prompting for password between two OSR6 servers

    On May 23, 6:16 am, "Brian K. White" wrote:

    The requirement for .rhosts to be non-world-readable is a security-by-
    obscurity feature.

    The real mystery is why use that antiquated rcmd mechanism when there
    is SSH, which has some actual security.

    --RLR

  2. Re: rlogin prompting for password between two OSR6 servers

    On May 24, 10:16 am, James_Szabadics wrote:
    > On May 23, 11:56 pm, ThreeStar wrote:
    >

    > > On May 23, 6:16 am, "Brian K. White" wrote:

    hmm google interface is broken - kept telling me unsuccessful posting
    reply - try again later but in reality it was posting

  3. Re: rlogin prompting for password between two OSR6 servers

    On May 23, 7:18 pm, James_Szabadics wrote:
    > On May 24, 10:16 am, James_Szabadics wrote:

    Yeah, that's why I had multiple replies, too. At first I thought it
    was a local cache issue.

    --RLR

  4. Re: rlogin prompting for password between two OSR6 servers

    There for a minute I thought I was having a stroke. Turned out Google
    has the hiccups.

    Big relief!

    Mark

+ Reply to Thread