tar / lone-tar error messages gwxlibs - SCO

This is a discussion on tar / lone-tar error messages gwxlibs - SCO ; We have a new system with OS 5.0.7 and UP 5 installed. When we do backups using either Lone Tar or just plain tar we get error messages about the maximun path length of a linked file being too long ...

  1. tar / lone-tar error messages gwxlibs

    We have a new system with OS 5.0.7 and UP 5 installed. When we do
    backups using either Lone Tar or just plain tar we get error messages
    about the maximun path length of a linked file being too long (over
    170). First tried verifying the system. Errors were found, but
    fixing those did not correct the problem.

    All the errors occur with links in the hierarchy /opt/K/SCO/gwxlibs/
    1.2.1. And, in all cases these point to files in /opt/K/SCO/gwxlibs/
    2.x.x.

    This system will likely be quite stable and will not be doing any
    open source development. While it would be fascinating to find the
    cause of this problem and fix it, can we not just exclude the 1.2.1
    directory from our backups?

    Thanks

  2. Re: tar / lone-tar error messages gwxlibs

    Hi,

    Not sure why you have a /opt/K/SCO/gwxlibs.

    My 5.0.7 server with MP5 / fully patched shows just the following in /
    opt/K/SCO/gwxlibs:

    # cd /opt/K/SCO/gwxlibs
    # l
    total 2
    drwxr-xr-x 6 bin bin 512 Aug 10 2006 2.1.0Ce

    Could you have additional software in "custom" which might be causing
    the problem?

    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread