5.0.7 tar / Lone Tar error - SCO

This is a discussion on 5.0.7 tar / Lone Tar error - SCO ; We have a new server running OS 5.0.7 with UP 5 installed. We are getting errors saying the maximum length of a path for a linked file is too long (over 170). I have done verify system, which does clean ...

  1. 5.0.7 tar / Lone Tar error

    We have a new server running OS 5.0.7 with UP 5 installed. We are
    getting errors saying the maximum length of a path for a linked file
    is too long (over 170). I have done verify system, which does clean
    up some errors, but these error come back again.

    In looking more closely, all the errors occur in the hierarchy /opt/K/
    SCO/gwxlibs/1.2.1. They are all links pointing to somewhere in the /
    opt/K/SCO/gwxlibs/2.x.x hierarchy.

    As I understand it, these are gnutools and such and are used in open
    source development. Since there will not be any development on this
    system, can this directory be safely excluded from backups.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: 5.0.7 tar / Lone Tar error

    dave@dfel.com typed (on Tue, May 22, 2007 at 04:14:33AM -0700):
    | We have a new server running OS 5.0.7 with UP 5 installed. We are
    | getting errors saying the maximum length of a path for a linked file
    | is too long (over 170). I have done verify system, which does clean
    | up some errors, but these error come back again.
    |
    | In looking more closely, all the errors occur in the hierarchy /opt/K/
    | SCO/gwxlibs/1.2.1. They are all links pointing to somewhere in the /
    | opt/K/SCO/gwxlibs/2.x.x hierarchy.
    |
    | As I understand it, these are gnutools and such and are used in open
    | source development. Since there will not be any development on this
    | system, can this directory be safely excluded from backups.
    |
    | Thanks.

    Hi Dave,

    Patty & Eric are setting up a remote support office today.
    Patty will be contacting you shortly.

    Hang in there,
    Jeff Hyman
    .--.
    Lone Star Software Corp. | | | | .-. Home of World Famous LONE-TAR(tm)
    Cactus International, Inc. | |_| | | | Backup Software for UNIX and LINUX
    Sales: 800.525.8649 _ |___ |_| | 24x7 Support Available
    Support: 301.829.1622 _| ~- | ___| RESCUE-RANGER(tm) and AIR-BAG(tm)
    http://www.LONE-TAR.com \, _} | | Disaster Recovery Software
    | |

+ Reply to Thread