How to do manual setup of tcp/ip on SCO 5.0.7 - SCO

This is a discussion on How to do manual setup of tcp/ip on SCO 5.0.7 - SCO ; During fresh install of 5.0.7, I did not select network configuration. Can I fix this without satrting over?...

  1. How to do manual setup of tcp/ip on SCO 5.0.7

    During fresh install of 5.0.7, I did not select network
    configuration. Can I fix this without satrting over?

  2. Re: How to do manual setup of tcp/ip on SCO 5.0.7

    spidermonkey wrote:
    > During fresh install of 5.0.7, I did not select network
    > configuration. Can I fix this without satrting over?

    Piece of cake. Just run netconfig then select "hardware" and
    "add new LAN adapter." Your network card should be detected
    and be the only one listed. Fill in the blanks and save the
    configuration, exit netconfig rebuild the kernel and reboot.

    +----------------------- Network Configuration Manager -----------------------+
    |+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
    || Hardware Protocol Help ||
    |++-------------------------------+------------------------------------------+|
    >|C| Add new LAN adapter | |

    |+| Add new WAN connection |------------------------------------------+|
    ||| Remove network device | ||

  3. Re: How to do manual setup of tcp/ip on SCO 5.0.7

    Steve M. Fabac, Jr. wrote:
    > spidermonkey wrote:
    >> During fresh install of 5.0.7, I did not select network
    >> configuration. Can I fix this without satrting over?
    >>

    > Piece of cake. Just run netconfig then select "hardware" and
    > "add new LAN adapter." Your network card should be detected
    > and be the only one listed. Fill in the blanks and save the
    > configuration, exit netconfig rebuild the kernel and reboot.
    >
    > +----------------------- Network Configuration Manager
    > -----------------------+
    > |+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
    >
    > || Hardware Protocol
    > Help ||
    > |++-------------------------------+------------------------------------------+|

    >> | |

    > |+| Add new WAN connection
    > |------------------------------------------+|
    > | ||

    In order to auto detect your NIC, you may have to install MP5 and other
    NIC drivers depending on what hardware you have.

    If thats an HP box then be sure to install the latest EFS from HP's web
    site.

    Start here:

    http://www.sco.com/support/update/do...sr507list.html

    SCO Authorized Partner