Tape reset on dual channel scsi controler ? - SCO

This is a discussion on Tape reset on dual channel scsi controler ? - SCO ; Hi, SCO Unix OSR5.06, scsi controler dual channel gdt7523rn icp-vortex. hdd's are on channel A tape drive (SLR60) is on channel B if I type "tape reset" (when I want to use the tape I get '/dev/xct0 is busy'), will ...

  1. Tape reset on dual channel scsi controler ?

    Hi,

    SCO Unix OSR5.06,

    scsi controler dual channel gdt7523rn icp-vortex.
    hdd's are on channel A
    tape drive (SLR60) is on channel B

    if I type "tape reset" (when I want to use the tape I get '/dev/xct0 is
    busy'), will it reset the entire controler or just the channel B which
    the tape is attached ?

    Thank's.
    F. STOCK

  2. Re: Tape reset on dual channel scsi controler ?

    "Frédéric STOCK" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > SCO Unix OSR5.06,
    >
    > scsi controler dual channel gdt7523rn icp-vortex.
    > hdd's are on channel A
    > tape drive (SLR60) is on channel B
    >
    > if I type "tape reset" (when I want to use the tape I get '/dev/xct0 is
    > busy'), will it reset the entire controler or just the channel B which the
    > tape is attached ?
    >
    > Thank's.
    > F. STOCK

    Just the tape. The SCSI reset is sent to the configured bus and device ID.

  3. Re: Tape reset on dual channel scsi controler ?

    Bob Bailin a écrit :

    > "Frédéric STOCK" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> SCO Unix OSR5.06,
    >>
    >> scsi controler dual channel gdt7523rn icp-vortex.
    >> hdd's are on channel A
    >> tape drive (SLR60) is on channel B
    >>
    >> if I type "tape reset" (when I want to use the tape I get '/dev/xct0
    >> is busy'), will it reset the entire controler or just the channel B
    >> which the tape is attached ?
    >>
    >> Thank's.
    >> F. STOCK

    > Just the tape. The SCSI reset is sent to the configured bus and device ID.

    Hi Bob, thank's.
    F. STOCK

+ Reply to Thread