Problems with Remote Printing - SCO

This is a discussion on Problems with Remote Printing - SCO ; Hello, I have SCO Unix 5.07 and I am trying to get remote printing installed and configured. I log in as root and I try and execute the mkdev rlp command. The system comes back and does not display anything. ...

  1. Problems with Remote Printing

    Hello,

    I have SCO Unix 5.07 and I am trying to get remote printing installed and
    configured. I log in as root and I try and execute the mkdev rlp command.
    The system comes back and does not display anything. I have looked in the
    /etc/mkdev folder and there does not appear to be any binary for rlp. I have
    also tried to go into the Software Manager UI and the option to install
    remote printing is unavailable and grayed out. How do I go about installing
    the capabilities for remote printing on my server? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Jay

  2. Re: Problems with Remote Printing

    On Apr 24, 6:29 am, "Jay, Tracy & Alyssa Kingston"
    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have SCO Unix 5.07 and I am trying to get remote printing installed and
    > configured. I log in as root and I try and execute the mkdev rlp command.
    > The system comes back and does not display anything. I have looked in the
    > /etc/mkdev folder and there does not appear to be any binary for rlp. I have
    > also tried to go into the Software Manager UI and the option to install
    > remote printing is unavailable and grayed out. How do I go about installing
    > the capabilities for remote printing on my server? Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jay

    Check out TA#125723

  3. Re: Problems with Remote Printing

    On 24 Apr, 11:29, "Jay, Tracy & Alyssa Kingston"
    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have SCO Unix 5.07 and I am trying to get remote printing installed and
    > configured. I log in as root and I try and execute the mkdev rlp command.
    > The system comes back and does not display anything. I have looked in the
    > /etc/mkdev folder and there does not appear to be any binary for rlp. I have
    > also tried to go into the Software Manager UI and the option to install
    > remote printing is unavailable and grayed out. How do I go about installing
    > the capabilities for remote printing on my server? Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    Insert the 507 Operating System CD (CD1) into the CD drive.
    Run the Software Manager
    Choose to install software from the CD
    Locate and select the Remote Line Printing package and install.

    John

+ Reply to Thread