Who is on the system and where ? - SCO

This is a discussion on Who is on the system and where ? - SCO ; Is there a way to find out what work station ttypxx is at ? the 'who' command tells me the login name and ttypxx but not the location. The 'ps -a' command tells me the ttypxx and the programs running. ...

  1. Who is on the system and where ?

    Is there a way to find out what work station ttypxx is at ? the 'who'
    command tells me the login name and ttypxx but not the location. The
    'ps -a' command tells me the ttypxx and the programs running. There are 20
    works stations and some log in with the same name. Can I trace the IP
    address or PC name back to the work station ? The system is running SCO
    5.0.7 and the work stations are on Windows XP using Secure CRT SSH2 Protocol
    to connect to SCO. Thanks for any help you can give.

    Frank Costa

  2. Re: Who is on the system and where ?

    Frank & Michelle Costa made comment on Mon Apr 23 07:46:28 2007 :
    > Is there a way to find out what work station ttypxx is at ? the 'who'
    > command tells me the login name and ttypxx but not the location. The
    > 'ps -a' command tells me the ttypxx and the programs running. There are 20
    > works stations and some log in with the same name. Can I trace the IP
    > address or PC name back to the work station ? The system is running SCO
    > 5.0.7 and the work stations are on Windows XP using Secure CRT SSH2 Protocol
    > to connect to SCO. Thanks for any help you can give.

    Most people use who -x use 'Hostname' - that will return IP address/host
    name etc. or w -x will add command from ps.

    Tom

    Tom Melvin tom@tkrh.co.uk http://www.tkrh.demon.co.uk
    Veterinary Solutions Ltd

  3. Re: Who is on the system and where ?

    On Apr 22, 11:46 pm, "Frank & Michelle Costa"
    wrote:
    > Is there a way to find out what work station ttypxx is at ? the 'who'
    > command tells me the login name and ttypxx but not the location. The
    > 'ps -a' command tells me the ttypxx and the programs running. There are 20
    > works stations and some log in with the same name. Can I trace the IP
    > address or PC name back to the work station ? The system is running SCO
    > 5.0.7 and the work stations are on Windows XP using Secure CRT SSH2 Protocol
    > to connect to SCO. Thanks for any help you can give.
    >
    > Frank Costa

    I wonder why "w -x" isn't available on OS6?

    For a history of who connected try:
    auth,authpriv,daemon.info /usr/adm/secure
    in /etc/syslog.conf.

    --RLR

  4. Re: Who is on the system and where ?

    On Apr 23, 10:27 pm, ThreeStar wrote:
    > On Apr 22, 11:46 pm, "Frank & Michelle Costa"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a way to find out what work station ttypxx is at ? the 'who'
    > > command tells me the login name and ttypxx but not the location. The
    > > 'ps -a' command tells me the ttypxx and the programs running. There are 20
    > > works stations and some log in with the same name. Can I trace the IP
    > > address or PC name back to the work station ? The system is running SCO
    > > 5.0.7 and the work stations are on Windows XP using Secure CRT SSH2 Protocol
    > > to connect to SCO. Thanks for any help you can give.

    > > Frank Costa

    > I wonder why "w -x" isn't available on OS6?
    >
    > For a history of who connected try:
    > auth,authpriv,daemon.info /usr/adm/secure
    > in /etc/syslog.conf.
    >
    > --RLR

    i have a new OSR6 box and just tried my usual things

    who -ux
    root ttyp3 Apr 30 11:09 10.155.8.56 . 2644

    Is giving me the host name and "w" will give me additional info on the
    processes. I have never tried "w -x" on the older 5.0.6 box before
    but will give it a go before I retire it.

+ Reply to Thread