when mail relaying sendmail kills my attachments OSR 507 - SCO

This is a discussion on when mail relaying sendmail kills my attachments OSR 507 - SCO ; When sending a forward email using outhouse express through OSR 507/Sendmail to a hotmail account, it never gets there and I don't get any error message. Only the people that belongs to my local domain get the attachment. What is ...

  1. when mail relaying sendmail kills my attachments OSR 507

    When sending a forward email using outhouse express through OSR 507/Sendmail
    to a hotmail account, it never gets there and I don't get any error message.
    Only the people that belongs to my local domain get the attachment.

    What is killing the forward emails ???

    Thanks

  2. Re: when mail relaying sendmail kills my attachments OSR 507

    On Thu, Apr 19, 2007, Enrique Arredondo wrote:
    >When sending a forward email using outhouse express through OSR 507/Sendmail
    >to a hotmail account, it never gets there and I don't get any error message.
    >Only the people that belongs to my local domain get the attachment.
    >
    >What is killing the forward emails ???

    My guess would be something in Hotmail (after all it's run by Microsoft).

    Do messages sent to real e-mail accounts get delivered?

    Bill
    --
    INTERNET: bill@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

    Few skills are so well rewarded as the ability to convince parasites that
    they are victims. -- Thomas Sowell

  3. Re: when mail relaying sendmail kills my attachments OSR 507

    Enrique Arredondo wrote:

    > When sending a forward email using outhouse express through OSR 507/Sendmail
    > to a hotmail account, it never gets there and I don't get any error message.
    > Only the people that belongs to my local domain get the attachment.
    >
    > What is killing the forward emails ???

    Do normal emails arrive with attachments?

    Is your server on any of the relay black lists?

    Does hotmail have some sort spam mailbox that your mail is going into?

    You can manually try using telnet to send mail to that hotmail account. Perhaps
    that will give you better information as to why the hotmail mail server is
    rejecting or silently /dev/null your email.

    --
    Walter

  4. Re: when mail relaying sendmail kills my attachments OSR 507

    In article ,
    Enrique Arredondo wrote:
    >When sending a forward email using outhouse express through OSR 507/Sendmail
    >to a hotmail account, it never gets there and I don't get any error message.
    >Only the people that belongs to my local domain get the attachment.
    >
    >What is killing the forward emails ???
    >
    >Thanks

    Have you looked at the maillog for sendmail. It may give a hint.
    You can see when/if it was delivered, and what machine it was
    delivered too. If you don't directly connect and use a smart
    mailer, such as your ISPs mailer, you need to check with them.

    All sorts of reason could be causing the blockage, and just
    start at the lowest point, the local acceptance, the the
    transmittal. Once it leaves your machine you are at the mercy
    of other and their support [or in the case of many NONsupport
    people].

    Yesterday when working on a server that had failed [truly bizarre
    where it appears a SATA drive would kill Intel motherboards but
    not others] one of SW/HW house clients was having a DSL installed.

    The BellSouth tech got lost when trying to just get the IP
    connections from their combined VOIP/DATA line into the BellSouth
    DSL setup.

    And of course BellSouth is now The New AT&T - and in their
    last years I had so many problems with the death-star company
    I swore I'd never use them again.

    Lots of luck in your research.

    Bill
    of of a sh