Vista and VisionFS? - SCO

This is a discussion on Vista and VisionFS? - SCO ; Has anyone had luck with connecting Vista to VisionFS? We have numerous clients successfully using Vision with XP (and Win98) clients but cannot find a way to add Vista into the mix. We have tried the recommendation of authenticating against ...

  1. Vista and VisionFS?

    Has anyone had luck with connecting Vista to VisionFS?
    We have numerous clients successfully using Vision with XP (and Win98)
    clients but cannot find a way to add Vista into the mix.

    We have tried the recommendation of authenticating against another server
    [by using "P - Another VisionFS or Windows NT server (pass-through)" instead
    of using either "U - Unix Passwords (unencrypted)" or "U - Unix Passwords
    (unencrypted)" in the Vision setup] and specifying the Vista system to
    authenticate against.

    This results in the one Vista system being able to authenticate but, when it
    set this way, the XP systems will not authenticate.

    Most of the customers do not have Windows 2000/2003 servers or Active
    Directory to authenticate against.

    Is there any way to get a mixed environment (XP & Vista) to work with
    Vision?

    Thanks!

    John -Z-

  2. Re: Vista and VisionFS?

    "John Z" wrote in message
    > Has anyone had luck with connecting Vista to VisionFS?
    > We have numerous clients successfully using Vision with XP (and Win98)
    > clients but cannot find a way to add Vista into the mix.
    >
    > We have tried the recommendation of authenticating against another server
    > [by using "P - Another VisionFS or Windows NT server (pass-through)"
    > instead of using either "U - Unix Passwords (unencrypted)" or "U - Unix
    > Passwords (unencrypted)" in the Vision setup] and specifying the Vista
    > system to authenticate against.
    >
    > This results in the one Vista system being able to authenticate but, when
    > it set this way, the XP systems will not authenticate.
    >
    > Most of the customers do not have Windows 2000/2003 servers or Active
    > Directory to authenticate against.
    >
    > Is there any way to get a mixed environment (XP & Vista) to work with
    > Vision?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > John -Z-

    I haven't tried this yet, but my understanding is that by default Vista uses
    a different authentication mechanism than XP. Here's instructions
    (supposedly) to change it:

    On Vista PC run, secpol.msc then Under Local Policies > Security Options,
    change the following setting:
    - Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level - change to "Send LM
    and NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negoitated"

    Let us know if this works.

    --

    Richard Seeder

  3. Re: Vista and VisionFS?

    "Richard" wrote in message

    > I haven't tried this yet, but my understanding is that by default Vista
    > uses a different authentication mechanism than XP. Here's instructions
    > (supposedly) to change it:
    >
    > On Vista PC run, secpol.msc then Under Local Policies > Security Options,
    > change the following setting:
    > - Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level - change to "Send LM
    > and NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negoitated"
    >
    > Let us know if this works.

    Yep, tried it.
    No, it didn't help.

    Thanks for the suggestion, though.