Load HBA drivers without floppy -- OSR 6.0.0 - SCO

This is a discussion on Load HBA drivers without floppy -- OSR 6.0.0 - SCO ; How can I load updated HBA drivers if I do not have a standard floppy drive? I have a new IBM eServer x3400 and it does not come with a floppy drive. I can add a floppy drive via USB ...

  1. Load HBA drivers without floppy -- OSR 6.0.0

    How can I load updated HBA drivers if I do not have a standard floppy
    drive?

    I have a new IBM eServer x3400 and it does not come with a floppy
    drive. I can add a floppy drive via USB but I have problems. This
    server has a ServeRAID 8k-i (built-in) RAID controller but I can not
    seem to load the IBM drivers.

  2. Re: Load HBA drivers without floppy -- OSR 6.0.0

    On 18 Apr, 15:09, smlunatick wrote:
    > How can I load updated HBA drivers if I do not have a standard floppy
    > drive?
    >
    > I have a new IBM eServer x3400 and it does not come with a floppy
    > drive. I can add a floppy drive via USB but I have problems. This
    > server has a ServeRAID 8k-i (built-in) RAID controller but I can not
    > seem to load the IBM drivers.

    To convert a floppy HBA to ISO see:

    http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126675

    John

  3. Re: Load HBA drivers without floppy -- OSR 6.0.0

    On Apr 19, 3:27 am, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    > On 18 Apr, 15:09, smlunatick wrote:
    >
    > > How can I load updated HBA drivers if I do not have a standard floppy
    > > drive?

    > > I have a new IBM eServer x3400 and it does not come with a floppy
    > > drive. I can add a floppy drive via USB but I have problems. This
    > > server has a ServeRAID 8k-i (built-in) RAID controller but I can not
    > > seem to load the IBM drivers.

    > To convert a floppy HBA to ISO see:
    >
    > http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126675
    >
    > John

    Thanks for the info. However, just after I posted this, I checked
    with SCO Certified Hardware Database. It turns out that my server is
    certified with SCO 6 providing I use the IBM BTLD driver from the
    ServeRAID 8.40 CD (download), a working USB floppy drive and the March
    2006 re-cut CD1. Once I got all this, server works correctly.

    http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_mod...earch_corp_id=

+ Reply to Thread