SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet - SCO

This is a discussion on SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet - SCO ; I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me started? I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have ...

  1. SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet

    I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me
    started?

    I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access
    to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have a
    broadband connection that pc's are using. They have a Unixware box
    that we want to connect to their router and then they want me to setup
    the system so that I and other software people that they work with can
    access the system thru the internet.

    I know that this information request is very general but can someone
    help get me started?

    Thanks
    Jay

  2. Re: SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet

    On 12 Apr, 13:51, "crayzeetrayn" wrote:
    > I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me
    > started?
    >
    > I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access
    > to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have a
    > broadband connection that pc's are using. They have a Unixware box
    > that we want to connect to their router and then they want me to setup
    > the system so that I and other software people that they work with can
    > access the system thru the internet.
    >
    > I know that this information request is very general but can someone
    > help get me started?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jay

    As a start see:

    http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/HW_network/CONTENTS.html

    for details on how to setup a LAN connection

    John

  3. Re: SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet

    On Apr 13, 11:51 am, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    > On 12 Apr, 13:51, "crayzeetrayn" wrote:
    >
    > > I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me
    > > started?

    > > I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access
    > > to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have a
    > > broadband connection that pc's are using. They have a Unixware box
    > > that we want to connect to their router and then they want me to setup
    > > the system so that I and other software people that they work with can
    > > access the system thru the internet.

    > > I know that this information request is very general but can someone
    > > help get me started?

    > > Thanks
    > > Jay

    > As a start see:
    >
    > http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/HW_network/CONTENTS.html
    >
    > for details on how to setup a LAN connection
    >
    > John

    I have already setup the LAN connection on the Unixware box.. The
    client needed 2 print servers so there is
    a hub and 2 print servers connected to the Unixware .. What else needs
    to be done

    Jay

  4. Re: SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet

    On Apr 13, 9:30 pm, "crayzeetrayn" wrote:
    > On Apr 13, 11:51 am, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    >

    > > On 12 Apr, 13:51, "crayzeetrayn" wrote:

    > > > I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me
    > > > started?

    > > > I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access
    > > > to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have a
    > > > broadband connection that pc's are using. They have a Unixware box
    > > > that we want to connect to their router and then they want me to setup
    > > > the system so that I and other software people that they work with can
    > > > access the system thru the internet.

    > > > I know that this information request is very general but can someone
    > > > help get me started?

    > > > Thanks
    > > > Jay

    > > As a start see:

    > >http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/HW_network/CONTENTS.html

    > > for details on how to setup a LAN connection

    > > John

    > I have already setup the LAN connection on the Unixware box.. The
    > client needed 2 print servers so there is
    > a hub and 2 print servers connected to the Unixware .. What else needs
    > to be done
    >
    > Jay

    port forwarding on router ?
    How is the Unixware drive accessible by internet access ... i.e a
    share ?

    I need just a little more direction/help ...

    Thanks
    Jay

  5. Re: SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet

    On 16 Apr, 17:01, "crayzeetrayn" wrote:
    > On Apr 13, 9:30 pm, "crayzeetrayn" wrote:

    > > > As a start see:

    > > >http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/HW_network/CONTENTS.html

    > > > for details on how to setup a LAN connection

    > > > John

    > > I have already setup the LAN connection on the Unixware box.. The
    > > client needed 2 print servers so there is
    > > a hub and 2 print servers connected to the Unixware .. What else needs
    > > to be done

    > > Jay

    > port forwarding on router ?

    Yes you will need to open the router to allow through
    whatever services your users need access to.

    > How is the Unixware drive accessible by internet access ... i.e a
    > share ?

    Options include Samba and NFS. See:

    http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/NET_nfs/CONTENTS.html
    http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/samba/samba.7.html

    John

  6. Re: SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet

    On Apr 18, 5:44 am, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    > On 16 Apr, 17:01, "crayzeetrayn" wrote:

    > > > I have already setup the LAN connection on the Unixware box.. The
    > > > client needed 2 print servers so there is
    > > > a hub and 2 print servers connected to the Unixware .. What else needs
    > > > to be done

    > > > Jay

    > > port forwarding on router ?

    > Yes you will need to open the router to allow through
    > whatever services your users need access to.
    >
    > > How is the Unixware drive accessible by internet access ... i.e a
    > > share ?

    > Options include Samba and NFS. See:
    >
    > http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/NET_nfs/C...a/samba.7.html
    >
    > John

    Thanks John .. Is there anything else that I should be aware of or if
    any other NG browsers see this thread let me know if there is "much
    more"

    Jay

+ Reply to Thread