SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help - SCO

This is a discussion on SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help - SCO ; Hi, Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM X3400 with Serveraid 8k card. While in the boot time i gave the Boot: link atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB ...

  1. SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help

    Hi,

    Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM
    X3400 with Serveraid 8k card.

    While in the boot time i gave the
    Boot:
    link

    atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB floppy
    driver it start installing then it ask for BTLD floppy, after this
    step i does not know how to install this. How can i get that BTLD
    file.

    Brds
    Rajesh

  2. Re: SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help

    Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need
    507 or higher to access USB floppy.

    Carl

  3. Re: SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help

    On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote:
    > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need
    > 507 or higher to access USB floppy.
    >
    > Carl

    Dear Carl,

    Thanks for your reply,

    IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
    any other way. Pls tell me.

    Brds
    Rajesh

  4. Re: SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help

    On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote:
    >
    > > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need
    > > 507 or higher to access USB floppy.

    > > Carl

    > Dear Carl,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply,
    >
    > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
    > any other way. Pls tell me.

    Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system
    or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to
    continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no
    longer supported).

    John

  5. Re: SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help

    > On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote:
    > >
    > > > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need
    > > > 507 or higher to access USB floppy.

    > > > Carl

    > > Dear Carl,
    > >
    > > Thanks for your reply,
    > >
    > > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
    > > any other way. Pls tell me.

    > Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system
    > or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to
    > continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no
    > longer supported).

    To use a BTLD on a system with no floppy, you can:

    1. copy the 2.88MB boot image off of the OSR5 install CD, mount it on
    another OSR5 system (use `marry`),
    2. copy the BTLD files onto it (put them in the same places on the
    filesystem, i.e. /name-of-driver/...),
    3. make a new CD with this enhanced boot image as its El Torito boot
    image,
    4. boot that CD, using "restart link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
    5. install normally,
    6. when it gets to the point where it wants to load BTLD into link, it
    will fail; tell it to continue anyway,
    7. once install is complete, boot the CD again, using "hd(40)unix
    root=hd(42) link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
    8. mount the CD,
    9. run `btldinstall /mnt` to get the BTLD into the link kit.

    Good luck...

    >Bela<

  6. Re: SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help

    On Apr 13, 10:46 pm, Bela Lubkin wrote:

    > > > Dear Carl,

    > > > Thanks for your reply,

    > > > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
    > > > any other way. Pls tell me.

    > > Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system
    > > or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to
    > > continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no
    > > longer supported).

    > To use a BTLD on a system with no floppy, you can:
    >
    > 1. copy the 2.88MB boot image off of the OSR5 install CD, mount it on
    > another OSR5 system (use `marry`),
    > 2. copy the BTLD files onto it (put them in the same places on the
    > filesystem, i.e. /name-of-driver/...),
    > 3. make a new CD with this enhanced boot image as its El Torito boot
    > image,
    > 4. boot that CD, using "restart link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
    > 5. install normally,
    > 6. when it gets to the point where it wants to load BTLD into link, it
    > will fail; tell it to continue anyway,
    > 7. once install is complete, boot the CD again, using "hd(40)unix
    > root=hd(42) link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
    > 8. mount the CD,
    > 9. run `btldinstall /mnt` to get the BTLD into the link kit.
    >
    > Good luck...
    >

    > >Bela<- Hide quoted text -

    hi,

    can u tell me the how to mount the cd?