scoadmin or remote printer problem - SCO

This is a discussion on scoadmin or remote printer problem - SCO ; In scoadmin, when attempting to add a remote unix printer, as soon as we press enter on the Unix choice, we get some errors. If we look at the details, we have the following: =>configStatus configured. General failure occurred in ...

  1. scoadmin or remote printer problem

    In scoadmin, when attempting to add a remote unix printer, as soon as
    we press enter on the Unix choice, we get some errors. If we look at
    the details, we have the following:

    =>configStatus configured.
    General failure occurred in processing attribute c
    cp: cannot access /usr/lib/lpmove: No such file or
    chown: canot access /usr/lpd/local/lpmove: No such
    chmod: WARNING: cannot access /usr/lpd/local/lpmove

    In fact, /usr/lib/lpmove does exist. /usr/lpd/local/lpmove does not.

    This is a new 5.0.7 installation with MP5 installed.

    Has anyone seen something like this? Is it more likely, do you
    think, to be a problem with scoadmin or the remote printing system?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: scoadmin or remote printer problem

    In article <1174433962.046642.48940@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>,
    dave@dfel.com wrote:
    >In scoadmin, when attempting to add a remote unix printer, as soon as
    >we press enter on the Unix choice, we get some errors. If we look at
    >the details, we have the following:
    >
    >=>configStatus configured.
    >General failure occurred in processing attribute c
    >cp: cannot access /usr/lib/lpmove: No such file or
    >chown: canot access /usr/lpd/local/lpmove: No such
    >chmod: WARNING: cannot access /usr/lpd/local/lpmove
    >
    >In fact, /usr/lib/lpmove does exist. /usr/lpd/local/lpmove does not.

    Are you sure it exists - not just a dangling symlink?
    What does "l -Wv /usr/lib/lpmove" say?

    John

  3. Re: scoadmin or remote printer problem

    On Mar 20, 5:29 pm, spce...@armory.com (John DuBois) wrote:
    > In article <1174433962.046642.48...@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>,
    >
    > d...@dfel.com wrote:
    > >In scoadmin, when attempting to add a remote unix printer, as soon as
    > >we press enter on the Unix choice, we get some errors. If we look at
    > >the details, we have the following:

    > >=>configStatus configured.
    > >General failure occurred in processing attribute c
    > >cp: cannot access /usr/lib/lpmove: No such file or
    > >chown: canot access /usr/lpd/local/lpmove: No such
    > >chmod: WARNING: cannot access /usr/lpd/local/lpmove

    > >In fact, /usr/lib/lpmove does exist. /usr/lpd/local/lpmove does not.

    > Are you sure it exists - not just a dangling symlink?
    > What does "l -Wv /usr/lib/lpmove" say?
    >
    > John
    > --
    > John DuBois spce...@armory.com KC6QKZ/AE http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/

    I think this is covered in new TA 125723.

    --RLR

+ Reply to Thread