LSISAS1068 or Perc5i - SCO

This is a discussion on LSISAS1068 or Perc5i - SCO ; Greetings Looking for someone who might assist me with a openserver 5.0.7 installation problem. I purchased a Dell Poweredge 2900 recently that uses the Dell Perc5i sas controller. For the life of me I cant find anyone that can help ...

  1. LSISAS1068 or Perc5i

    Greetings

    Looking for someone who might assist me with a openserver 5.0.7
    installation problem. I purchased a Dell Poweredge 2900 recently
    that uses the Dell Perc5i sas controller. For the life of me I cant
    find anyone that can help me find a btld to start the sas controller
    up. To date I have tryed the following.

    Identified the controller card LSISAS1068 B0
    Tried the driver suggested by LSI
    http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/prod...te=1&locale=EN

    Tried the driver from the sco knowledgebase
    http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=1...523289&pgnum=1

    All attemps were from a fresh installation and every time the HD
    controller wasnt found.

    System works find with Windoz, no bueno on Sco.

  2. Re: LSISAS1068 or Perc5i

    On 14 Mar, 08:22, henness...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Greetings
    >
    > Looking for someone who might assist me with a openserver 5.0.7
    > installation problem. I purchased a Dell Poweredge 2900 recently
    > that uses the Dell Perc5i sas controller. For the life of me I cant
    > find anyone that can help me find a btld to start the sas controller
    > up. To date I have tryed the following.
    >
    > Identified the controller card LSISAS1068 B0
    > Tried the driver suggested by LSIhttp://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/standard_product_ics/sa...
    >
    > Tried the driver from the sco knowledgebasehttp://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126687&qid=1450179494&sid=20852328...
    >
    > All attemps were from a fresh installation and every time the HD
    > controller wasnt found.
    >
    > System works find with Windoz, no bueno on Sco.

    The TA you refer to above states that the Dell Perc 5i is not
    supported on 5.0.7.

    It is supported on Openserver 6.

    John

  3. Re: LSISAS1068 or Perc5i

    On 14 Mar, 10:22, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    > On 14 Mar, 08:22, henness...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Greetings

    > > Looking for someone who might assist me with a openserver 5.0.7
    > > installation problem. I purchased a Dell Poweredge 2900 recently
    > > that uses the Dell Perc5i sas controller. For the life of me I cant
    > > find anyone that can help me find a btld to start the sas controller
    > > up. To date I have tryed the following.

    > > Identified the controller card LSISAS1068 B0
    > > Tried the driver suggested by LSIhttp://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/standard_product_ics/sa...

    > > Tried the driver from the sco knowledgebasehttp://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126687&qid=1450179494&sid=20852328...

    > > All attemps were from a fresh installation and every time the HD
    > > controller wasnt found.

    > > System works find with Windoz, no bueno on Sco.

    > The TA you refer to above states that the Dell Perc 5i is not
    > supported on 5.0.7.
    >
    > It is supported on Openserver 6.

    I should add that for OpenServer 5.0.7 your option is to use a Dell
    Perc 4
    card or upgrde to OpenServer 6.

    John

+ Reply to Thread