making boot CDs on OSR5.7 (on HP Proliant 350) - SCO

This is a discussion on making boot CDs on OSR5.7 (on HP Proliant 350) - SCO ; When I run mkdev fd and chose option "5", for CD and then option "3" for root and boot, the boot and root images are made ok. Then Cdrecord is run and I get the following : Insert a writable ...

  1. making boot CDs on OSR5.7 (on HP Proliant 350)

    When I run mkdev fd and chose option "5", for CD and then option "3"
    for root and boot, the boot and root images are made ok. Then
    Cdrecord is run and I get the following :

    Insert a writable CD into drive /dev/rcd1
    Press to continue or q to quit:
    Size of boot image is 5760 sectors -> Emulating a 2880 kB floppy
    Total translation table size: 2048
    Total rockridge attributes bytes: 335
    Total directory bytes: 0
    Path table size(bytes): 10
    Max brk space used 4000
    1617 extents written (3 MB)
    cdrecord: No write mode specified.
    cdrecord: Assuming -tao mode.
    cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive
    dependent defaults.
    cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
    Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-sco3.2v5.0.7) Copyright (C)
    1995-2004 Jörg S
    chilling
    TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
    scsidev: '1,0,0'
    scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
    SCSI buffer size: 64512
    atapi: -1
    cdrecord: Cannot do inquiry for CD/DVD-Recorder.
    cdrecord: Unknown error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
    CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
    cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

    I have run "cdrecord -scanbus" and updated /etc/default/cdrecord per
    TA# 126107.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: making boot CDs on OSR5.7 (on HP Proliant 350)

    wabky typed (on Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 01:19:49PM -0700):
    | When I run mkdev fd and chose option "5", for CD and then option "3"
    | for root and boot, the boot and root images are made ok. Then
    | Cdrecord is run and I get the following :
    |
    | Insert a writable CD into drive /dev/rcd1
    | Press to continue or q to quit:
    | Size of boot image is 5760 sectors -> Emulating a 2880 kB floppy
    | Total translation table size: 2048
    | Total rockridge attributes bytes: 335
    | Total directory bytes: 0
    | Path table size(bytes): 10
    | Max brk space used 4000
    | 1617 extents written (3 MB)
    | cdrecord: No write mode specified.
    | cdrecord: Assuming -tao mode.
    | cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive
    | dependent defaults.
    | cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
    | Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-sco3.2v5.0.7) Copyright (C)
    | 1995-2004 Jörg S
    | chilling
    | TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
    | scsidev: '1,0,0'
    | scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
    | Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
    | SCSI buffer size: 64512
    | atapi: -1
    | cdrecord: Cannot do inquiry for CD/DVD-Recorder.
    | cdrecord: Unknown error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
    | CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
    | cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s
    |
    | I have run "cdrecord -scanbus" and updated /etc/default/cdrecord per
    | TA# 126107.
    | Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    You have not told us two other useful pieces of information:

    Does readcd work?

    And just what does 'cdrecord -scanbus' tell you about the drive?

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  3. Re: making boot CDs on OSR5.7 (on HP Proliant 350)

    On Mar 12, 4:30 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > wabkytyped (on Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 01:19:49PM -0700):
    > | When I run mkdev fd and chose option "5", for CD and then option "3"

    ..
    ..
    ..y help would be greatly appreciated.

    > You have not told us two other useful pieces of information:
    >
    > Does readcd work?
    >
    > And just what does 'cdrecord -scanbus' tell you about the drive?
    >
    > --
    > JP
    > ==>http://www.frappr.com/cusm<==

    thanks for replying.

    I posted on google and I was limmited in the amount of info I could
    include.
    I ram cdrecord -scanbus and updated etc/default/cdrecorder.

    I was able to make the boot CD by editing usr/lib/mkdev/fd and hard
    coding the address of the CD indicated by the cdrecord -scanbus
    command.

    Thanks again for your help.
    Wabky

+ Reply to Thread