cannot access terminal control database - SCO

This is a discussion on cannot access terminal control database - SCO ; When trying to log in we just get this error "cannot access terminal control database". We tried ttyupd /tcb/bin/ale /etc/auth/system/ttys pttyupd but didn't work. Does anybody knows how to fix it. Thanks...

  1. cannot access terminal control database

    When trying to log in we just get this error "cannot access terminal control
    database".

    We tried
    ttyupd
    /tcb/bin/ale /etc/auth/system/ttys pttyupd

    but didn't work. Does anybody knows how to fix it.

    Thanks

  2. Re: cannot access terminal control database

    On Mar 12, 8:38 am, "Enrique Arredondo" wrote:
    > When trying to log in we just get this error "cannot access terminal control
    > database".
    >
    > We tried
    > ttyupd
    > /tcb/bin/ale /etc/auth/system/ttys pttyupd
    >
    > but didn't work. Does anybody knows how to fix it.
    >
    > Thanks

    See TA 104588 in SCO's Knowledgebase (http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/search).

    --Ray Robert
    Three Star Software

  3. Re: cannot access terminal control database

    Enrique Arredondo typed (on Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 08:38:16AM -0700):
    | When trying to log in we just get this error "cannot access terminal control
    | database".
    |
    | We tried
    | ttyupd
    | /tcb/bin/ale /etc/auth/system/ttys pttyupd
    |
    | but didn't work. Does anybody knows how to fix it.

    The TA that suggests that command also has a few steps before them. Did
    you take them?

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  4. Re: cannot access terminal control database

    "Jean-Pierre Radley" wrote in message
    > Enrique Arredondo typed (on Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 08:38:16AM -0700):
    > | When trying to log in we just get this error "cannot access terminal
    > control
    > | database".
    > |
    > | We tried
    > | ttyupd
    > | /tcb/bin/ale /etc/auth/system/ttys pttyupd
    > |
    > | but didn't work. Does anybody knows how to fix it.
    > |

    > The TA that suggests that command also has a few steps before them. Did
    > you take them?
    >
    > --
    > JP
    > ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

    I got those commands from a different source But now that I perform the TA
    step by step, I got control back.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread