OSR6 + flash.7.0 supplement oddity - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR6 + flash.7.0 supplement oddity - SCO ; OSR6 + MP2 + flash.7.0 supplement mozilla 1.7.13b For a briefly interesting display, go to http://www.panasonic.com after installing the OSR6 flash supplement. The supplement seems unable to convince the site that flash support is present....

  1. OSR6 + flash.7.0 supplement oddity

    OSR6 + MP2 + flash.7.0 supplement
    mozilla 1.7.13b

    For a briefly interesting display, go to http://www.panasonic.com
    after installing the OSR6 flash supplement.

    The supplement seems unable to convince the site that flash support is
    present.

  2. Re: OSR6 + flash.7.0 supplement oddity

    Roger Cornelius wrote:

    > OSR6 + MP2 + flash.7.0 supplement
    > mozilla 1.7.13b
    >
    > For a briefly interesting display, go to http://www.panasonic.com
    > after installing the OSR6 flash supplement.
    >
    > The supplement seems unable to convince the site that flash support is
    > present.

    Because that site requires Flash9

    Flash 9 is becoming required on just about every high traffic website that uses
    flash. Wouldn't it be simpler to use VMWare and use something like Xubuntu in a
    VM if you have to surf?

    I'm sure Bela will help if you have problems setting up a VM to install some
    sort of lightweight linux for surfing the 2.0 web.

    --
    Walter

  3. Re: OSR6 + flash.7.0 supplement oddity

    Walter Vaughan wrote:

    > Roger Cornelius wrote:
    >
    > > OSR6 + MP2 + flash.7.0 supplement
    > > mozilla 1.7.13b
    > >
    > > For a briefly interesting display, go to http://www.panasonic.com
    > > after installing the OSR6 flash supplement.
    > >
    > > The supplement seems unable to convince the site that flash support is
    > > present.

    > Because that site requires Flash9
    >
    > Flash 9 is becoming required on just about every high traffic website that uses
    > flash. Wouldn't it be simpler to use VMWare and use something like Xubuntu in a
    > VM if you have to surf?
    >
    > I'm sure Bela will help if you have problems setting up a VM to install some
    > sort of lightweight linux for surfing the 2.0 web.

    Probably not... the VMware help I've been providing on this newsgroup
    has to do with running SCO OSes under various VMware platforms. While I
    do know a bit about running Linux under VMware, thousands of people know
    more than I do about it, so it wouldn't make much sense for me to try to
    help.

    Your basic point that trying to browse 2007ish web sites with the
    browsers available under OpenServer is a losing game, is a good point...

    >Bela<

+ Reply to Thread