DST time skip question - SCO

This is a discussion on DST time skip question - SCO ; Hi: I have a question about the behavior of cron jobs when the clock springs forward from 2:00:00AM to 2:59:59AM. What will happen to jobs scheduled to run between these times - will they be run or will they be ...

  1. DST time skip question

    Hi: I have a question about the behavior of cron jobs when the clock
    springs forward from 2:00:00AM to 2:59:59AM. What will happen to jobs
    scheduled to run between these times - will they be run or will they be
    skipped?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: DST time skip question

    In article Dilan A writes:
    $Hi: I have a question about the behavior of cron jobs when the clock
    $springs forward from 2:00:00AM to 2:59:59AM. What will happen to jobs
    $scheduled to run between these times - will they be run or will they be
    $skipped?

    If I recall correctly, the job owner will receive email in advance
    from cron advising that the job will be run at a time other than the
    impossible time - at least on reasonably recent versions of SCO Unix,
    back to at least some (maybe all?) OSR5 versions.
    --
    Stephen M. Dunn

  3. Re: DST time skip question

    Dilan A typed (on Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 05:49:44PM +0000):
    | Hi: I have a question about the behavior of cron jobs when the clock
    | springs forward from 2:00:00AM to 2:59:59AM. What will happen to jobs
    | scheduled to run between these times - will they be run or will they be
    | skipped?

    Reading the man page for crontab would have given you the most precise
    answer...

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==