Re: SCO openserver 5.05 Network Gateway troubles - SCO

This is a discussion on Re: SCO openserver 5.05 Network Gateway troubles - SCO ; | Thanks John. I never found anylines in /etc/tcp that had the ip- | address that the server keeps defaulting to. I have dived into this | issue more and decided to try D.'s answer. I have added a file ...

  1. Re: SCO openserver 5.05 Network Gateway troubles

    | Thanks John. I never found anylines in /etc/tcp that had the ip-
    | address that the server keeps defaulting to. I have dived into this
    | issue more and decided to try D.'s answer. I have added a file and
    | directory of /usr/internet/etc/sco_ip/routes to the server. I also
    | added the line of "net default 10.0.0.1" to the routes file. Now when
    | restarted the gateway is fine and there are no problems connecting
    | with computers on this side of the sonicwall. I should mention that I
    | tried this on a different server that has the same problem the one
    | from the original post with ip address of 10.0.0.10
    |
    | Now what shows is this: When I restart the server (10.0.0.10) the
    | netstat -rn command shows
    |
    | Destination Gateway Flags Refs
    | default 10.0.0.1 UGS 0
    | 10 10.0.0.10 UC 1
    | 10 10.0.0.10 UC 0
    |
    | there are some more lines also.
    |
    | When I run the command of "route delete 10.0.0.0" it gets rid of one
    | of the duplicate 10.0.0.0 10.0.0.10 lines and the server can be
    | accessed fine. Any ideas on where these duplicate Destinations of
    | 10.0.0.0 are added from and how to stop them from being added
    | automatically?

    The route location I gave was for one particular purpose (FastStart).

    Someone may have simply forced a route into your startup scripts.

    Try this...

    # cd /etc/rc2.d
    # find . -type f -print|xargs grep route

    If it fails to elucidate, expand to...

    # cd /etc
    # find . -type f -print|xargs grep route

    Tom
    D. Thomas Podnar
    Microlite Corporation
    2315 Mill Street
    Aliquippa PA USA 15001-2228
    724-375-6711
    888-257-3343 Sales
    Developers of Microlite BackupEDGE

  2. Re: SCO openserver 5.05 Network Gateway troubles

    > Try this...
    >
    > # cd /etc/rc2.d
    > # find . -type f -print|xargs grep route

    This command yields the results of:
    " ./messages/prc_syncS90iproute) terminated successfully
    ./messages/S85tcp.log:Starting TCP services: snmpd routed "

    I'm not sure what this means however.

+ Reply to Thread