Gmail uuencode - SCO

This is a discussion on Gmail uuencode - SCO ; at the # or $ command line I need to send an email attachment. I know how to use uuencode, i think, but in gmail it am seeing the text not attachment. my syntax is uuencode filename filename | mail ...

  1. Gmail uuencode

    at the # or $ command line I need to send an email attachment. I know
    how to use uuencode, i think, but in gmail it am seeing the text not
    attachment.

    my syntax is

    uuencode filename filename | mail me@gmail.com

    Thanks
    Jimmy

  2. Re: Gmail uuencode

    On Mon, Feb 05, 2007, willjay wrote:
    >at the # or $ command line I need to send an email attachment. I know
    >how to use uuencode, i think, but in gmail it am seeing the text not
    >attachment.
    >
    >my syntax is
    >
    >uuencode filename filename | mail me@gmail.com

    Uuencode use has been deprecated for at least a decade.

    mutt -a filename -s 'subject here' me@gmail.com

    Bill
    --
    INTERNET: bill@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

    Many companies that have made themselves dependent on [the equipment of a
    certain major manufacturer] (and in doing so have sold their soul to the
    devil) will collapse under the sheer weight of the unmastered complexity of
    their data processing systems.
    -- Edsger W. Dijkstra, SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 17, Number 5

+ Reply to Thread