How can I determine root disk controller type? - SCO

This is a discussion on How can I determine root disk controller type? - SCO ; I have an old SCSI disk that was pulled from an SCO 5.04 system. I do not have the original disk controller nor do I remember what it was using at the time it was pulled. Is it possible to ...

  1. How can I determine root disk controller type?

    I have an old SCSI disk that was pulled from an SCO 5.04 system. I do
    not have the original disk controller nor do I remember what it was
    using at the time it was pulled. Is it possible to hook this drive up
    as a secondary drive and read the contents? Or...find out what type of
    controller was used on the drive to begin with?

    I'd like to get some data from the drive but do not want to risk
    destroying the contents.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. Re: How can I determine root disk controller type?

    unixfox wrote:
    > I have an old SCSI disk that was pulled from an SCO 5.04 system. I do
    > not have the original disk controller nor do I remember what it was
    > using at the time it was pulled. Is it possible to hook this drive up
    > as a secondary drive and read the contents? Or...find out what type of
    > controller was used on the drive to begin with?
    >
    > I'd like to get some data from the drive but do not want to risk
    > destroying the contents.

    Yes, you can hook it up as a secondary though you may run into geometry
    issues. See http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_sco...overdrive.html

    Read the geometry stuff completely..

    --
    Tony Lawrence