Linking error on SCO6 - SCO

This is a discussion on Linking error on SCO6 - SCO ; Hello Friends, I'm facing a problem while compiling Alert Agent on SCO6 and need your help. There are two undefined symbols coming during the linking process: Undefined first referenced symbol in file _fs_unregister_ATTLC(int, int, const void *) ..obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o _fs_register_ATTLC(int, const ...

  1. Linking error on SCO6

    Hello Friends,

    I'm facing a problem while compiling Alert Agent on SCO6 and need
    your help. There are two undefined symbols coming during the linking
    process:

    Undefined first referenced
    symbol in file
    _fs_unregister_ATTLC(int, int, const void *)
    ..obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
    _fs_register_ATTLC(int, const char *, int, const char *, unsigned int,
    long, const void *) .obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
    UX:ld: ERROR: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
    ../../bin/sco6.ansi/alertagent
    make: *** [alertagent] Error 1
    $

    There is no such direct call in the code but this call exists in the .i
    files. I'm not able to locate the desired library needed for this.

    The same code is getting compiled on SCO5 easily.

    Waiting for a prompt and positive response.

    Himanshu Prabhakar

  2. Re: Linking error on SCO6

    Himanshu wrote:
    > Hello Friends,
    >
    > I'm facing a problem while compiling Alert Agent on SCO6 and need
    > your help. There are two undefined symbols coming during the linking
    > process:
    >
    > Undefined first referenced
    > symbol in file
    > _fs_unregister_ATTLC(int, int, const void *)
    > .obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
    > _fs_register_ATTLC(int, const char *, int, const char *, unsigned int,
    > long, const void *) .obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
    > UX:ld: ERROR: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
    > ./../bin/sco6.ansi/alertagent
    > make: *** [alertagent] Error 1
    > $
    >
    > There is no such direct call in the code but this call exists in the .i
    > files. I'm not able to locate the desired library needed for this.
    >
    > The same code is getting compiled on SCO5 easily.

    I think what is happening here is that you are passing the -f option
    to the C++ compiler. In SCO OpenServer 5, this had no effect,
    but in OpenServer 6, it causes extra memory checking instrumentation
    code to be generated, calls from which are then unresolved at link
    time.
    Take the -f option off of your compile line, and this should go away.

    Jonathan Schilling

+ Reply to Thread