Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0 - SCO

This is a discussion on Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0 - SCO ; Hi, Where are the Intel NIC Drivers for PRO series located. netconfig does not show them. AM i missing something, failed to install something, Have OS and MP2 but nothing else yet. Thanks...

  1. Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0

    Hi,

    Where are the Intel NIC Drivers for PRO series located. netconfig
    does not show them. AM i missing something, failed to install
    something, Have OS and MP2 but nothing else yet.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0

    Willjay@jpr.com typed (on Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 04:59:17PM -0500):
    | Hi,
    |
    | Where are the Intel NIC Drivers for PRO series located. netconfig
    | does not show them. AM i missing something, failed to install
    | something, Have OS and MP2 but nothing else yet.

    They're not missing...

    On my OSR 6 + MP2, I see this in /etc/inst/nd/mdi:

    5ess/ EtdK/ bcme/ dfx/ e3H/ japan/ shrkudi/ wdn/
    EtMD/ EtdKp/ cet/ e1008g/ e3bc/ nat/ skfp/ wwdu/
    EtSR/ EtdM/ cnet/ e3B/ eeE8/ ne/ sme/
    EtdA/ EtdMp/ d21x/ e3C/ eeF/ ni1/ smpw/
    EtdC/ Xb/ dcxe/ e3D/ etsi/ pcpsm/ spwr/
    EtdCp/ Xbm/ dcxf/ e3E/ hfm/ pnt/ tok/
    EtdD/ atel/ dex/ e3G/ ipw/ shrk/ trps/

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  3. Re: Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0

    I dont know if this is the same problem Willjay is having, but I am
    having a similar problem on an IBM x3650. I have installed SCO osr 6.0
    and MP2 and the list of network drivers has not increased from the
    pathetic initial offering. I can see all the files in
    /etc/inst/nd/mpt, but they do not show up in netconfig.

    In the MP2 release notes it says to use pkgadd to install the nd.image
    from the cd after loading the mp. I did this, and the list did not
    change.

    After loading this I installed nd.8.0.6d.image. This also did not
    change my list in netconfig.

    I have installed 6.0 on vmware images before and I got it installed and
    working on an IBM x3500. I have no idea why it will work on the 3500
    and not the 3650. I have reinstalled the OS several times and keep
    getting the same result.

    If someone knows a trick to maybe modify the kernel to include the new
    drivers or load a network card manually without needing to use
    netconfig I would really appreciate it.

    Willjay wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where are the Intel NIC Drivers for PRO series located. netconfig
    > does not show them. AM i missing something, failed to install
    > something, Have OS and MP2 but nothing else yet.
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Re: Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0

    I need to correct my previous statement that the new drivers are not
    installing. The version on the previously installed drivers has
    updated to 8.0.6d, but there are no no drivers on the list.

    This is important because I would like to be able to try generic
    drivers to use with several different unsupported network cards. (in
    fact, maybe that statement will provide insight to why this isn't
    working. Will it only add drivers for detected devices maybe?)

    I have been working on this for a week now and have not been able to
    change the results of my attempts to install the driver package. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated.

    phatpenguin wrote:
    > I dont know if this is the same problem Willjay is having, but I am
    > having a similar problem on an IBM x3650. I have installed SCO osr 6.0
    > and MP2 and the list of network drivers has not increased from the
    > pathetic initial offering. I can see all the files in
    > /etc/inst/nd/mpt, but they do not show up in netconfig.
    >
    > In the MP2 release notes it says to use pkgadd to install the nd.image
    > from the cd after loading the mp. I did this, and the list did not
    > change.
    >
    > After loading this I installed nd.8.0.6d.image. This also did not
    > change my list in netconfig.
    >
    > I have installed 6.0 on vmware images before and I got it installed and
    > working on an IBM x3500. I have no idea why it will work on the 3500
    > and not the 3650. I have reinstalled the OS several times and keep
    > getting the same result.
    >
    > If someone knows a trick to maybe modify the kernel to include the new
    > drivers or load a network card manually without needing to use
    > netconfig I would really appreciate it.
    >
    > Willjay wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Where are the Intel NIC Drivers for PRO series located. netconfig
    > > does not show them. AM i missing something, failed to install
    > > something, Have OS and MP2 but nothing else yet.
    > >
    > > Thanks

  5. Re: Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0

    phatpenguin wrote:
    > I dont know if this is the same problem Willjay is having, but I am
    > having a similar problem on an IBM x3650. I have installed SCO osr 6.0
    > and MP2 and the list of network drivers has not increased from the
    > pathetic initial offering. I can see all the files in
    > /etc/inst/nd/mpt, but they do not show up in netconfig.

    Hi,

    netconfig(ADM), when run, will attempt to autodetect the network cards
    (NICs)
    that are present on your server. netconfig uses the "bcfg" files
    located in

    /etc/inst/nd/mdi/

    to see if the board ids of the driver map to any devices present in the
    server.

    If netconfig cannot map a driver to a piece of detected hardware then
    it will
    offer a list of (very) old ISA cards that you can proceed to manually
    configure.

    The fact that you are not seeing any card is probably due to the fact
    that
    either:

    1) The card you are trying to configure in the server is not supported
    by
    the drivers we provide
    2) The card has a board id that is different from those mentioned in
    the bcfg files.

    For more details on troubleshooting NICs on Openserver 6 see:

    http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=110131

    Regards,

    John

  6. Re: Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0

    So if I understand your post correctly... netconfig will only
    autodetect the nic, and the list of drivers I see if the nic does not
    autodetect can never be changed, and in fact does not represent the
    actual list of drivers available on the system?

    If this is the case, then maybe you could figure out a scenario in
    which the x3500 I have already installed shows a larger list of network
    card drivers after installing the 8.0.6d update for the network drivers

    jboland@sco.com wrote:
    > phatpenguin wrote:
    > > I dont know if this is the same problem Willjay is having, but I am
    > > having a similar problem on an IBM x3650. I have installed SCO osr 6.0
    > > and MP2 and the list of network drivers has not increased from the
    > > pathetic initial offering. I can see all the files in
    > > /etc/inst/nd/mpt, but they do not show up in netconfig.

    > Hi,
    >
    > netconfig(ADM), when run, will attempt to autodetect the network cards
    > (NICs)
    > that are present on your server. netconfig uses the "bcfg" files
    > located in
    >
    > /etc/inst/nd/mdi/
    >
    > to see if the board ids of the driver map to any devices present in the
    > server.
    >
    > If netconfig cannot map a driver to a piece of detected hardware then
    > it will
    > offer a list of (very) old ISA cards that you can proceed to manually
    > configure.
    >
    > The fact that you are not seeing any card is probably due to the fact
    > that
    > either:
    >
    > 1) The card you are trying to configure in the server is not supported
    > by
    > the drivers we provide
    > 2) The card has a board id that is different from those mentioned in
    > the bcfg files.
    >
    > For more details on troubleshooting NICs on Openserver 6 see:
    >
    > http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=110131
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > John

  7. Re: Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0

    phatpenguin wrote:
    > So if I understand your post correctly... netconfig will only
    > autodetect the nic, and the list of drivers I see if the nic does not
    > autodetect can never be changed, and in fact does not represent the
    > actual list of drivers available on the system?

    Correct.

    > If this is the case, then maybe you could figure out a scenario in
    > which the x3500 I have already installed shows a larger list of network
    > card drivers after installing the 8.0.6d update for the network drivers

    Well as a start, the nd package yoou are installing adds support
    for additional nics.

    Maybe if you could tell the group what exactly you are trying to do
    with netconfig you might get a more precise answer.

    Regards,

    John

  8. Re: Where are the Intel Nic Drivers for Openserver 6.0

    For what it's worth, I had a devil of a time finding
    drivers for the embedded NIC on Asus motherboards.
    It turns out that it is a Marvell Yukon Gigabit NIC
    and the Unixware 7.1.3/OpenUnix 8/UnixWare 7.1.4/
    OpenServer 6 driver can be found at this URL:

    http://www.marvell.com/drivers/drive...dId=115&pId=31

    Hope this helps someone,

    Chen Coulter

    Willjay wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where are the Intel NIC Drivers for PRO series located. netconfig
    > does not show them. AM i missing something, failed to install
    > something, Have OS and MP2 but nothing else yet.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread