Install HBA without floppy during OSR 6 install - SCO

This is a discussion on Install HBA without floppy during OSR 6 install - SCO ; Is there a way to install an HBA without the use of a floppy drive during OSR 6 install. May be with a burned CD or DVD. More systems are coming with out floppy. I am not all that thrilled ...

  1. Install HBA without floppy during OSR 6 install

    Is there a way to install an HBA without the use of a floppy drive
    during OSR 6 install. May be with a burned CD or DVD. More systems
    are coming with out floppy. I am not all that thrilled to buy a USB
    floppy and will that even work.

  2. Re: Install HBA without floppy during OSR 6 install

    willjay wrote:
    > Is there a way to install an HBA without the use of a floppy drive
    > during OSR 6 install. May be with a burned CD or DVD. More systems
    > are coming with out floppy. I am not all that thrilled to buy a USB
    > floppy and will that even work.

    OpenServer 6 supports HBA installation at install time from floppy and
    from CD.

    If you have a HBA as a floppy image then you can convert it to an iso
    as follows:

    You can convert a HBA floppy image to an iso image as follows:

    1) Log into an existing OpenServer 6.0.0 or UnixWare 7.1.4 system as
    root.

    2) Download/copy the floppy image into a temporary directory, e.g.

    /tmp/floppy.image

    3) Mount the floppy image using:

    mount `marry -a /tmp/floppy.image` /mnt

    4) Use mkisofs(8) to create an iso image of the HBA as follows:

    mkisofs -o hba.iso -r /mnt

    5) Use cdrecord(1) to burn the iso image to CDROM. e.g.

    cdrecord -v -dev=c,b,t -dao -driveropts=burnfree -speed=99
    hba.iso

    where c,b,t is taken from the output of the command:

    cdrecord --scanbus

    John

  3. Re: Install HBA without floppy during OSR 6 install

    On Dec 7 2006, 7:54 am, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    > willjay wrote:
    > > Is there a way to install an HBA without the use of a floppy drive
    > > during OSR 6 install. May be with a burned CD or DVD. More systems
    > > are coming with out floppy. I am not all that thrilled to buy a USB
    > > floppy and will that even work.OpenServer 6 supports HBA installation at install time from floppy and

    > from CD.
    >
    > If you have a HBA as a floppy image then you can convert it to an iso
    > as follows:
    >
    > You can convert a HBA floppy image to an iso image as follows:
    >
    > 1) Log into an existing OpenServer 6.0.0 or UnixWare 7.1.4 system as
    > root.
    >
    > 2) Download/copy the floppy image into a temporary directory, e.g.
    >
    > /tmp/floppy.image
    >
    > 3) Mount the floppy image using:
    >
    > mount `marry -a /tmp/floppy.image` /mnt
    >
    > 4) Use mkisofs(8) to create an iso image of the HBA as follows:
    >
    > mkisofs -o hba.iso -r /mnt
    >
    > 5) Use cdrecord(1) to burn the iso image to CDROM. e.g.
    >
    > cdrecord -v -dev=c,b,t -dao -driveropts=burnfree -speed=99
    > hba.iso
    >
    > where c,b,t is taken from the output of the command:
    >
    > cdrecord --scanbus
    >
    > John

    Oh yes, that worked, thanks buddy. Jim H

+ Reply to Thread