Changing SCSI Host controller - SCO

This is a discussion on Changing SCSI Host controller - SCO ; I believe this has been answered before but I can not seem to find it. I have a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 server where I need to replace the SCSI Host controller. It is currently using an Adaptec AHA 2940U2W and ...

  1. Changing SCSI Host controller

    I believe this has been answered before but I can not seem to find it.

    I have a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 server where I need to replace the SCSI
    Host controller. It is currently using an Adaptec AHA 2940U2W and
    would like to replace it with an Adaptec 29160n. The original 2940U2W
    adapter uses the BLAD driver and the 29160n adapter requires the AD160
    driver. What are the steps to change the booting SCSI host adapter
    without requiring a re-install of SCO.

  2. Re: Changing SCSI Host controller

    smlunatick typed (on Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:23:51PM -0800):
    | I believe this has been answered before but I can not seem to find it.

    It's the simplest thing to find at the SCO knowledge center. What
    keywords did you try?

    http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=105356

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  3. Re: Changing SCSI Host controller

    Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > smlunatick typed (on Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:23:51PM -0800):
    > | I believe this has been answered before but I can not seem to find it.

    > It's the simplest thing to find at the SCO knowledge center. What
    > keywords did you try?

    > | I have a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 server where I need to replace the SCSI
    > | Host controller. It is currently using an Adaptec AHA 2940U2W and
    > | would like to replace it with an Adaptec 29160n. The original 2940U2W
    > | adapter uses the BLAD driver and the 29160n adapter requires the AD160
    > | driver. What are the steps to change the booting SCSI host adapter
    > | without requiring a re-install of SCO.

    > http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=105356

    And for the situations where that won't work, see
    http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/supertarxfer.html

    --
    Tony Lawrence
    Unix/Linux/Mac OS X Resources